SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Sage Icon

Bummer, still does not work at all for my machine. It does the same thing as beta 3.0.5, process for a while, then hang. This time the initial process time was about 10min as it went through my 3000+ mp3 files, then hung.

Off to file yet another bug report.

I'm truly bummed, I want to play with my A180 card!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Sage Icon

woohoo

Thank you!

"Added property videoframe/mute_line_in_on_startup which defaults to false, and if set to true will mute the line-in on startup of SageTV."

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Sage Icon

request:

I dont mean to muck up this thread, so let me know if I should post elsewhere...

I have noticed that when using a PVR350 tv out, the *EOF* bug rares its ugly head during the delete prompt after a show has completed.

In Cayars stv, it is actually an option to disable the delete prompt, which in turn rectifies my EOF problem completely! I believe this may help others if this was an option in the default sage STV.

Since all Nielms awesome plugins, I have filled the need to use Cayars stv, but find that I may be forced to use it solely for this option if it cannot either be made a stv plugin itself or again, a default option.

Any takers?!?

I.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
Is there any way to "un-disable" this feature? I don't see an HD icon anywhere. Or is this completely taken out of version 3.0.7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
For HDTV airings, added initial HD icon in the show description areas.
Also added the icon to the list entries for SageTV Recordings & similar style lists. Uses MarkerHDTV.png. [note: Oops, will function properly in the next version -Opus4]
No, it wasn't taken out... it is still implemented in this version... it just wasn't implemented _correctly_, thus my add-on comment about "oops" & the note that it will be fixed in the next version. The mistake simply wasn't important enough to halt the release of this beta. I could have removed the note about this completely, but I figured people would like to know it is coming.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
Wow this is a giant leap forward for my system. Using a Fusion 3 Gold I'm now able to tune and change channels with no problems at all. It looks PERFECT! Only issue I have now is that I get no audio at all. I'm using the NVidia audio decoder and I get audio when using my PVR-500, but nothing with the Fusion. If I play the HDTV recorded videos with Windows Media Player they have perfect audio. Anybody have any ideas before I submit a bug report?
The NVDVD decoder doesn't decode AC3 in Sage for some reason. You also probably don't get sound in DVD's if you play them with Sage. I fixed this by installing the Sonic decoders and using the audio decoder from Sonic, along with NVDVD decoder for video. Now everything works great. Also, some of the guys are use AC3Filter, which is free, but you gotta do a little more setting up to get it to work.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:51 AM
Sage Expert

I think that may also depend on which nVidia decoder pack was purchased. There was a version w/o DD 5.1 capable audio codec. This can also be true with other decoders as well.

I use the nVidia decoders that came with TT and have no trouble with playing DVD's or HDTV streams with DD 5.1 audio. "No audio" was sometimes reported in the Firewire thread when trying to play HDTV streams for the first time with audio codecs not DD 5.1 capable.

True also that some found their solution with the free AC3 filter.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 08-13-2005 at 01:17 AM.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:34 AM
Sage Expert

I have the nVidia 'Pure Video' 1.02-150 decoder installed. All works fine here audio wise.
I did have to set up the audio using 'Media Player' which I hink is a bit of a downfall (you should be able to get to this setup in Sage)

This decoder seems to work pretty well visually too. I have had to replace the 'quartz.dll' file, but playback seems pretty good (a jerk about every minute or so). I tend to watch Sky News to see how well my system is working due to the ticker-tape info at the bottom.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

"Fixed several internationalization issues"

Opus4 - can you please explain what was fixed?

Thanks,
Oren.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:10 AM
Sage User

Hebrew Support

hi,

i want to know if the future release will support hebrew correctly (from right to left) because right now i need to write hebrew from the end to the beginning

example:

עברית = תירבע

werbeh = hebrew

Thanks,

Ronen.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:31 AM
Sage Icon

update:
I went looking around and found a new display driver for my Matrox G450 Dualhead card. After installing it, I can now get Sage to work, kinda.

I can see everything, configured my A180 card. However, the display keeps shadows of the silver bar everywhere. When a popup window goes away a shadow of the widow still exists. The lines drawn around the panels in the display are all messed up.

Ideas on how to fix this?

thanks,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage1.JPG (101.2 KB, 269 views)

Last edited by lovingHDTV; 08-13-2005 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Added picture
Old 08-13-2005, 06:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Regarding the nVidia audio decoders.

It is my understadning that nVidia audio decoder only outputs digitally.

I also use the nVidea PureVideo video decoder and, in my case, the Intervideo audio decoder that comes with WinDVD7.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Looks like this version killed the sound on the entire computer. I can't even get sound in windows now. I was playing an MP3, when I tried to adjust the volumn in Sage the sound went out completely and so far I haven't been able to get it going again.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
update:
I went looking around and found a new display driver for my Matrox G450 Dualhead card. After installing it, I can now get Sage to work, kinda.

I can see everything, configured my A180 card. However, the display keeps shadows of the silver bar everywhere. When a popup window goes away a shadow of the widow still exists. The lines drawn around the panels in the display are all messed up.

thanks,
Try turning off 3d acceleration in Sage.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:01 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
update:

thanks,
IIRC, this can be caused by Sage not being able to find a background picture. You might want to reselect it.

Jere
Old 08-13-2005, 07:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronen56
hi,

i want to know if the future release will support hebrew correctly (from right to left) because right now i need to write hebrew from the end to the beginning

example:

עברית = תירבע

werbeh = hebrew

Thanks,

Ronen.
I want to know it to...
It's really important to us in Israel...
Old 08-13-2005, 07:34 AM
Sage Icon

I don't have 3d acceleration turned on.

I don't remember ever selecting a background, what do you mean by re-selecting the background?

thanks,
Old 08-13-2005, 07:50 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner
The NVDVD decoder doesn't decode AC3 in Sage for some reason. You also probably don't get sound in DVD's if you play them with Sage. I fixed this by installing the Sonic decoders and using the audio decoder from Sonic, along with NVDVD decoder for video. Now everything works great. Also, some of the guys are use AC3Filter, which is free, but you gotta do a little more setting up to get it to work.

Fantastic! That worked perfectly. I only had the Nvidia decoders installed since I just reformatted. I installed the intervideo decoders and used the intervideo audio decoder and I have sound! So now I have working HDTV and sound... what more can one ask for?

-Jim
Old 08-13-2005, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjamez
Fantastic! That worked perfectly. I only had the Nvidia decoders installed since I just reformatted. I installed the intervideo decoders and used the intervideo audio decoder and I have sound! So now I have working HDTV and sound... what more can one ask for?

-Jim
Are you guys using SPDIF out? NVDVD will only send AC3 over that and not decode. Unless you have the TT advanced audio pack.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Sage Icon

Jere,
That fixed it. I looked in my sage.properties file, and saw that ui/background_image was set to nothing. So I set it to Background.jpg and it is working!

thanks!
Old 08-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Jere,
That fixed it. I looked in my sage.properties file, and saw that ui/background_image was set to nothing. So I set it to Background.jpg and it is working!

thanks!
Hey LovingHDTV,

Do you have a small clip from your A180 that you might be willing to let me download? I want to see if my system can handle the bitrate before I invest in the card? Maybe just set it to record something HDTV for about 1 minute or so.

Thanks!