SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-03-2006, 08:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJake
I like your approach, it is exactly what I'm looking for. What do you need help with, or is it just time?
Just time...
I also want to plug it into the webserver, so that all webserver pages (search results /detailed info / Rec sched etc) can generate XML output if required.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Sage User

Reading and writing the xml data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere_Jones
Another problem you might have is if you edited the information in sage (via the webserver or some other future means) then the xml will need to be rewritten. Any process doing this will need to basically load the xml and only change what it knows, leaving the rest. Unfortunately, it seems that most XML libraries are centered more around writting or reading, not updating.

Just my $0.02.

Jere
Just a quick idea here.

You just need a Read/Write Request Broker. Request Broker would test_for/start a background thread with access to the file and exposed read and write methods, Read and Write request would then be pushed through this thread no matter who called, all would be sync'ed.

Nightrader
Old 02-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Sage User

This is definitately something that needs to be done. I would love it if there was a way to read xml from the webserver plugin. I'm currently looking into developing a script for XBMC that hooks into the your webserver to retreive the information I need to display recordings and play them. This is step one of course, followed by setting up recordings through the epg and searching. This is something I just started on and would love to see the webserver return an xml file by adding a query string to the url like:
http://localhost:8080/sage/DetailedInfo?AiringId=45420&xml=1

I will say right now that I'm not experienced with Python at all, but I know we all would love a SageTV plugin for XBMC. nielm's webserver is so kickass that I really think I can link XBMC to SageTV with a lot of help from the webserver. Using xml rather than scraping the web pages would of course be awesome.

So who doesn't want a standard xml format for Sage!?!? Seems like it would help everyone! So how the heck do we decide on this standard?

Coolwave

Last edited by Coolwave; 02-20-2006 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:20 AM
SageTVaholic

One year later ... and I am close to a release of the webserver with XML output, and also of a java-only plugin that automatically creates XML files for each recording.

I have updated the XML definition to include information about favorites, and file type, and a few more flags. updated DTD. see http://www.sage-community.org/index....ki/SageXmlInfo

Last edited by nielm; 03-25-2006 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

This is now implemented in Webserver v2.7 and in the Sage Recordings XML generator...

Apologies to Coolwave and Jere_Jones for forcing them to parse my crappy HTML for so long, and I hope this makes your lives easier, guys!
Old 03-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Jere
Old 03-25-2006, 08:11 AM
SageTVaholic

For anyone who wants to include XML writing in their STV, I have published some javadocs for the API functions.