SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

HOWTO: Make playback stop 1 second before EOF?

Hi,

I have a Sage box with a PVR-350. The only issue I have is that the program "hangs" at the end of the playback of a recording and when I press the stop button on the remote, the whole computer reboots. Then I have to switch video to the s-video out on the computer to open up sage so that the tv-out on the PVR350 will output again.

So, I have been thinking.... is there any way to auto-send SageTV a "stop playback" command when there is a certain amount of time left in a video file during playback? I never have any problems when I stop playback, this only occurs when the end of file is reached.

Thanks,
Chad
Old 06-18-2005, 09:46 AM
SageTVaholic

If there was it would have been done a long time ago.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:10 AM
Sage Fanatic

i've had this problem when playing single mp3 files WITHOUT using a pvr 350. (using a 6600gt) i noticed this after loading the latest version and making some config changes.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah, the hanging PVR-350 playback issue...
I once read people have tried to make such feature in one of the STV's (don't remember which one), but it failed due too the high cpu usage it takes.
So if Sage could implement it, please...
But my guess is they will not do it, since this problem is known to them for more than a year and the only reply they have given to the problem is that they are working on it together with Hauppauge... for more than a year??? Yeah right...

Nielm suggested that his status plugin could be used to make something. His plugin shows the total recording time and the actual time. By polling on the actual time and checking if it is some seconds before the end, you could send a pause or stop to Sage.

Simpel ain't it? No... it ain't. After Nielms suggestion I said I would try to make something, but until now I haven't found any time to build such functionality. Maybe someone else (you hear me Frey folks? )

Edit:
check out this thread and you see you are not alone:
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=10659

Last edited by 1972; 06-19-2005 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972
Nielm suggested that his status plugin could be used to make something.
You could do something with Girder for this quite easily.