SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-03-2005, 04:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV -> EXETuner -x Girder -> UIRT2 -->STB

I have Sage TV 2.2 a PVR350 and EXETuner setup as specified and using the GirderDSSTUNE.reg setup. On the other end I have Girder with the UIRT.dll plugin connected to my UIRT2.

I have set up a basic GML with 0-9 commands and have got it to learn the IR commands and can change channels 0-9 on my STB using the girder test function.

I have had limited success getting the Hauppauge IR control to change channels but I suspect I have Girder intercepting Windows events and not the output from EXETuner.

Becase the USB-IRT has the same origins as UIRT2 I have tried a GML for USB-IRT by way of a guide but that requires a 75 plugin which anyway I suspect only replaces the UIRT2 plugin and doesn't deal with the problem I have.

The problem is that the channel events don't appear to be getting to Girder from Sage TV to change the channel as the girder icon doesn't flash.

Two questions:

1) How can I confirm that EXETuner %command% value is actually sending a channel command to Girder

2) How do I assign each of the channel digits to the 0-9 commands I have set up.

BTW the only plugin I currently have enabled in Girder is for UIRT
Old 05-04-2005, 11:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

I haven't had any replies to this post so I must have asked the wrong question?

Basically, how do I interface the EXETuner output to Girder?

I have the command line in the registry but nothing seems to arrive at Girder.

How do I check the interface?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

I haven’t had a response to this post but have now worked out how this is done. There seems to be no real information on how to do this on either the Sage TV or Girder forums. I had EXETuner plugin sending DSStune commands to Girder and single digit control of the STB also working from Girder but couldn’t get the two to connect. So here is what you do.

Download the EXETuner plugin from the Sage TV website and install it in the Program Files\Frey Technology\Common folder. Install the GirderDSSTune.reg into your registry. All described in the readme file that comes with EXETuner.

It can be tested by changing the registry entry from:

C:\\Program Files\\Girder\\event.exe DSSTUNE 203 %CHANNEL% -silent

To

Notepad.exe %command%

When the channel request goes out to Girder it will try to create a file named as the channel number.

If that works you can also check if Girder is getting the event by putting the registry entry back to

C:\\Program Files\\Girder\\event.exe DSSTUNE 203 %CHANNEL%

Removing the –silent will cause a command line window to pop up with the details of the command

EventString: DSSTUNE
Device : 203
Payload : 12 (selected channel number)

To receive the DSSTUNE event in Girder you need a copy of SageSetExternalChannel.GML from the Girder website at http://www.girder.nl/exportgr.php

The file is here http://www.girder.nl/download.php?Link=497

This was written for the USB-UIRT IR-Blaster and looks for the 75.dll plugin which is proprietary to USB-UIRT. If you have built a UIRT2 then get the UIRT plugin from

http://www.fukushima.us/UIRT2/Instal...d%20Plugin.htm

All the instructions to get it going are there as well.

Modify the commands for each of the 10 digits that control the channels on your STB to use the UIRT plugin and not the 75 plugin and teach each digit to Girder and test them.. The girder GML has digit selections for two devices “antenna” and “Svideo” it doesn’t matter which one you use and you can delete the other one if you wish. You may want to rename them to something more sensible to your setup.

When you have got this far you have EXERTUNER.dll sending tuning commands to Girder and Girder controlling single digits on your STB.

Now this is the bit that doesn’t appear to be do documented anywhere else

The girder GML has a multigroup called SageSetExternalChannel this takes the multi-digit channel number and sends it as single digits to the IR blaster.

In this multigroup is an event also called “SageSetExternalChannel” rename the event to “DSSTUNE”. You now need to connect this to the event coming from EXETuner.

In Girder select the DSSTUNE event and the “learn event” button on the top right corner.

Rather than swapping screens in Sage to generate a channel change event you can cheat by opening up the Windows Command screen and typing this:

C:\Progra~1\Girder\event.exe DSSTUNE 203 1 –silent

I did a batch file that allowed me to test all the channel changes, that pauses between each change so the whole thing can be tested with some degree of control

C:\Progra~1\Girder\event.exe DSSTUNE 203 1 -silent
pause
C:\Progra~1\Girder\event.exe DSSTUNE 203 2 -silent
pause
C:\Progra~1\Girder\event.exe DSSTUNE 203 3 -silent
pause
C:\Progra~1\Girder\event.exe DSSTUNE 203 4 -silent
Pause
….
Etc.

When you are done, save your GML
Old 05-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to aberson
I had a minor issue with EXETuner where I didn't realize I needed to put quotes in all the right places in my registry. I think I ended up needing to put quotes around the executable, and another set of quotes around the switches

like:
"c:\winnt\notepad.exe" "%channel%"
Old 07-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Sage User

I've tried every possible combination of EXETuner without success.
I've created the following registry entries
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sage\EXETunerPlugin]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SageTV\EXETunerPlugin]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fry Technologies\SageTV\EXETunerPlugin]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fry Technologies\Common\EXETunerPlugin]

Using
notepad.exe
"notepad.exe"
c:\windows\notepad.exe
"c:\windows\notepad.exe"

And I can't get Sage to open notepad when i'm using "Live TV" to change channels.
SageTV is not running as a service (The service is disabled) And i've opened the following thread with some debug data that i've collected:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11881

SageTV support replied with telling me they don't support EXETuner.

If there's anything at all that you can think of to get me out of this mess, it will be utterly, and GREATLY Appreciated!!
Old 07-08-2005, 03:08 AM
SageTVaholic

I mentioned in mor_eli's thread that the exetuner plugin does not work with SageTV running in service mode, unless 'interact with desktop' is allowed on the service (which is not the default).
Old 07-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to aberson
Quote:
Originally Posted by mor_eli
I've created the following registry entries
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sage\EXETunerPlugin]
Just to verify - did you create a registry string named "EXETunerPlugin", or did you create a Key named "EXETunerPlugin" with a String inside it named "command"? The second way is what you need to do.

[And make sure your "source" is using the plugin, as other people have suggested]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mor_eli
SageTV support replied with telling me they don't support EXETuner.
That's pretty silly, since the bottom of the readme file that comes with exetuner says: If you have any questions, please visit our website at:
http://www.freytechnologies.com/
- Though, maybe that's just so you can get to the forums
Old 07-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Sage User

Some More Info

Thanks guys for the interest.
Attached a couple of screen captures to hopefully give more details.
The first is to show that Sage is configured to use Exe Tuner Plug in and the other is to show how it's in the registry, and as i've stated in previous thread, what's the value I've used for the command line.

and... the Email from Sage Support:

Eli,

Unfortunately we don't support Girder and the EXETuner plugin.

Thanks,

George Oms
SageTV, LLC
support@sagetv.com
http://www.sagetv.com/

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 12:24 PM
To: support@sagetv.com
Subject: SageTV Support Request

>SUPPORT REQUEST
++++++++++++++++++++++++
NAME: Eli Mor
EMAIL: xxxxxx@yahoo.com

SOFTWARE: SageTV
VERSION: Version 2.2
TYPE OF USER: Trial User

OS( OTHER? ):
CAPTURE DEVICE: Hauppauge PVR-350
CAPTURE DEVICE ( OTHER? ):
PROCESSOR: Intel P4 3G HT
MEMORY: 1GB
GRAPHICS CARD: Gygabit RADEON 9600
DVD MPEG2 ENCODER:
ADDITIONAL HARDWARE: IR trasmitter installed in COM1. Home made.
Working
with WinLIRC and Girder just fine.

SERVICE PROVIDER: Dish
BROADCAST CITY (LOCATION): Boise, ID
SERVICE: * SageTV Service or EPG Plugin
SERVICE TYPE: Satellite

>+++++++++++ REQUEST ++++++++++

REQUEST DESCRIPTION: I'm trying to get SageTV send an event to Girder
via
the EXETunerPlugin to change a channel on my satellite top box, as
detailed
in this thread.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11881

Any help at all will be greately apreciated. If this works I intend to
purches SageTV.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Are you running sagetv as a service?
Old 07-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Sage User

No, the SageTV service is disabled.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV Service.zip (71.4 KB, 273 views)
Old 08-09-2005, 04:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Are you suffering from the "tried too much and stuffed it all up" problem?.

Do what I had to do and go back to basics. Re-install exetunerplugin and run the registry file setup. Change the registy entry to notepad.

If you are trying to using the hauppage remote put that to one side for a while and just use your mouse on the live TV menus and try changing channels that way.

Get that basic SageTV to Exetuner function going before you do anything else.

Now make sure the IR remote software is installed for the Hauppage remote. Do the restartIR command and now try the channel numbers on the remote. If you have a new remote you will be better off using the newer remote file it allows all of the remote functions to work. However, if even only one button works you know SageTV can see the remote and IRremote is working OK.

Make sure that works (but don't get hung up on it because you don't need the remote for SageTV to change channels, you can always go back to that bit)

Now you have the chain of Remote>IRremote>SageTV>exetuner working

Now go back to my original post and take it from there. You will need SageSetExternalChannel.GML from the girder site as the interface between exetuner and girder

See how you get on. The next step depends on your home made IR blaster and its software. If you are using UIRT2 then my post takes you through the setup for that otherwise you will need some other help

Pete

Last edited by Doubletop; 12-07-2005 at 03:43 AM.