SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-26-2005, 06:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

MVP Client & Sage 2.2.7 music issue?

Is anyone else having problems playing music off the MVP client following an upgrade to v2.2.7?

I'm running Sage in Service mode, and 2 MVP clients off the same PC. All had been working fine and I finally upgraded a week ago to 2.2.7 following the release (as I wanted to use my Hauppauge PVR150).
I've just found that if I now try and play any music from my MVP clients, they play one track and then lose connection with Sage and reboot. All my video recordings play fine so it looks to be specific to the music library.
I'm using the SageMC STV, but changed back to the default original STV and the same thing happens, so I don't think that it is STV related. Also the UI on the PC works fine and plays through the library without reporting any problems.

I've seen reports of the Sage service/library import issue but is anyone else having similar problems playing music?

Cheers,
SidKnee
Old 03-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Sage User

I have the exact same problem. I have posted in the MVP client thread and the SageMC thread and nobody else seems to have this issue. Hopefully someone will come up with a fix.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:42 AM
Sage Expert

same here

i have this problem also
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 03-27-2005, 04:27 AM
Sage User

No fix here, just another guy with the same problem. I also had this issue in the release candidates before 2.2.7 was released.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just wanted to let you know that I'm able to reproduce the problem and will try to get a fix to you asap.

-Matt
Old 03-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Sage User

Matt,

Thanks for the great work. There is no way I would have chosen Sage without your mod being available - MVP is simply the only practical way for some of us to use pvr technology. The idea that Sage and MVP will soon handle my music and I can stop writing batch files that switch back and forth between apps is just too cool

I have used many configurations of different stv's and external apps and the Sage core and your mod are the only constants. Maybe it's time for a donation.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

The MVP Client Version 1.2.0 with the Music fix is now available on streams.ch.

See the Changelog for more details.

Enjoy!

-Matt
Old 04-01-2005, 03:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Matt - Just wanted to echo Bebanovich's comments - IMHO your work on the MVP client has really driven Sage along! Must get my donation to you sorted out

The new client (1.2.0) works great for me and with the 16x9 SageMC STV it really looks out of this world.

Cheers,
SidKnee
Old 04-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback. Much easier to handle than problem reports

-Matt