SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
I work around it myself by pausing the show before it ends, going back to the menu, and setting watched. Like I said, some shows/channels make this easier than others.
Sounds like a great workaround that can be implemented
Old 06-07-2005, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

pause at EOF: IIRC, from previous discussions, Sage already does this internally...
Old 06-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
pause at EOF: IIRC, from previous discussions, Sage already does this internally...
Hello Nielm,

What does this mean, is it already fixed, or do we need something extra's? uhhh, IIRC?

Can you explain it to me? (Or do you have a link to the "previous discussions"?)

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2005, 02:28 PM
SageTVaholic

IIRC == If I Recall Correctly...

I have found the info -- it is in a post from Narflex to Cayers discussing his workaround in his STV v17, but it is not publicly visible (sorry).

What I meant was that Sage already has the behaviour that when it sees that it has reached the end of the file, it pauses playback...

but from Crashless' posts, apparantly, you have to pause slightly *before* the end of the file...

You could probably write something external to do this by polling my status plugin, reading the info in the now_playing_endtime and now_playing_currpos, and sending a Pause event a few seconds before the file is about to end...
Old 06-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Nielm, thanks for your answer. I will look into it!

(And since I am a professional software designer, it shouldn't be that hard to make something. I'll keep you informed!)
Old 06-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Sage Icon

I do see the EOF issue on my machine, but it does not crash mine. At times it would just lock up for a few minutes and then eventually go to the delete prompt screen.

By disabling the prompt delete, my "EOF" issue was resolved. Audio sync is caused by running in hardware and software mode at the same time and from what ive read in the past, VIA chipsets. could be wrong, but thats what I recall...

I.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, mine does not crash either - it pegs the CPU for a while, which trashes any recordings that may be going on at the time and things then "stutter" during playback for a while after that - it's very annoying.

And I am _so_ not buying that there's some tricky technical issue keeping Sage from putting this work around in - if you can do it manually by stopping playback before the end, they can do it. They just haven't because they don't care. It took 3 tries of reporting to them to even get a response and it was the same lame "we're working with the hardware vendor" canned response they've given other folks for the last freakin' year. Pathetic.

I know they're a small company but their reaction to this rather visible issue has been weak at best.
Basement: HD Extender connected to Dell projector.
Back room: MVP 1000 hooked to 21" CRT TV.
Bedroom: MVP 1000 hooked to 27" CRT TV.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:19 AM
Sage Icon

Oh wow, I didn't mean to imply I had this automated in any way, shape, or form. I manually hit 'pause' before the end of file.

Cayars worked with a little trying to get the 'pause before EOF' implemented in his STV, but we were unsuccessful.

@nielm

I think that laurenglenn tried something similar to this using his STV only. I don't know if it's exactly the method he used, but I seem to remember it being similar. Now if you could setup that logic without a big CPU penalty (which was Cayars' main issue) that would be AWESOME.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Sage Icon

please see the post below and report results!

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...9&postcount=55

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.