SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Administrator

v2.2.7 Library Import Directory bug (fixed)

A bug has been found in the recent v2.2.7 SageTV release:

When running as a service, SageTV will not see your Library Import Directories. The import directories will be ignored and removed from the list when SageTV restarts, which will also remove all library files from view inside SageTV. (The files will still be on your drive, but not visible to SageTV.)

This only happens when the SageTV service mode is used, when it restarts. If you do not use the service mode, you should not be affected by this. If you want to use the service and keep your library import directories, use v2.2.6 for now.

As usual, an update with the fix will be released in the future, after further testing to make sure this is fixed and after checking for other issues.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.

Last edited by Opus4; 03-09-2005 at 06:47 PM. Reason: fix post
Old 03-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Didn't check that after upgrading yesterday. Yup, can't see Library. Geeze, seems like using service mode & using library directory rather common configuration to miss such a bug in a "release" version. Oh well, just glad it doesn't really make much difference to us, if we want to watch a movie stored in our Library will use another application.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not having this problem with 2.2.7 in service mode. I didn't have any directories set before upgrading. I always add my library directories temporarily to watch an import then remove the directory afterwards.

After seeing this thread I tried adding a dir and it worked fine. Does it remove the directories after a certain amount of time?
Old 03-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Sorry, I didn't make that clear: It gets cleared when SageTV restarts. I'll go update the first post to mention that.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Sage Icon

Must be specific to 2.2(.7) because I'm on 2.2.6 w/ service mode, and all my import directories are still there after many reboots.
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 03-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Yes, it is specific to the v2.2.7 release... which is why the first post says to stick with v2.2.6 for now if you want to use library imports with service mode.

- Andy
Old 03-09-2005, 09:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Data point:

My library is just fine with 2.2.7
Old 03-10-2005, 01:08 AM
Sage Expert

data point, my library list got cleared with 2.2.7

but its a very minor problem since the fix is so easy: just add your libraries into sage again.

i guess its bad if it does that every time you restart the service though.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:14 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
data point, my library list got cleared with 2.2.7

but its a very minor problem since the fix is so easy: just add your libraries into sage again.

i guess its bad if it does that every time you restart the service though.
Data Point:
After upgrading to 2.2.7 Library was gone, running service mode. Added Library back, verified Library seen and playback ok from Client. Stopped and restarted service, closed and reopened Client and Library gone again...
Old 03-10-2005, 02:16 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Data point:

My library is just fine with 2.2.7
Is your Library local drive partition or unc? Mine unc and goes bye-bye if stop & restart service.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Never mind, I'm not running what I thought I was.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

I ran into an odd and possibly unrelated issue. From my remote Sage Client, I noticed that the Library mappings were gone. I tried to re-create them, but they are UNC paths and the dialog box wouldn't let me enter any backslashes (\) to properly form the path. I went to the server's instance of Sage, and was able to enter them without any problems. Anyone else run into this?
Old 03-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Did you map the '\' key to some SageTV command?

- Andy
Old 03-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Nope, and I went to Unmap to clear it just in case. Even then, it still wasn't accepted in the dialog. I figured it was a unique wierdness (I seem to generate a pretty strong UW field), but thought I would mention it just in case.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to mkkawamo Send a message via Yahoo to mkkawamo
Hmm... somehow I missed 2.2.6 and since 2.2.5 has been working fine for me, and I do run Sage as a service, I think I'll just stick with 2.2.5 until there's a fix for this Library import bug.
Antec Overture (V1.2) HTPC Case (It runs a bit hot)
Old 03-12-2005, 12:36 AM
Sage Icon

I just upgraded too, bummer. Oh well, I don't use media library much anyway. So where's 2.2.8 fix? :P

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

This seems like a pretty big bug.. it is to me anyhow.. yet I see no official word as to it's status.. Anybody have any idea when this issue will be resolved and available to us? Or has it already been fixed and the 2.2.7 release that is currently available a 'replacement' of the original release?

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2005, 09:06 AM
SageTVaholic

See the first post in this thread:
Quote:
As usual, an update with the fix will be released in the future, after further testing to make sure this is fixed and after checking for other issues.
and watch the Announcements forum for details.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
See the first post in this thread:and watch the Announcements forum for details.
Yes.. "In the Future"... when else would an update be released?

It's been almost a week.. and with this type of bug in a released version I had expected a much quicker fix.. and I realize it needs to be tested, but as far as I see no beta test has been released either.. which made me wonder what the status was..

I'll simply wait and watch a bit longer.. no worries.. "Shortly", "Soon", "This Weekend" and "Tonight" are all subject to interpretation when it comes to release times, right Nielm? (Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Old 03-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
This seems like a pretty big bug.. it is to me anyhow.. yet I see no official word as to it's status..
The odd thing is Frey is still releasing 2.2.7 with this bug on the download page. For those people wanting to test out sagetv for the first time, but with a bug like this, they might get frustrated and stop using it. Or imagine if someone is writing a review on Sage based on 2.2.7. You would think Frey should release 2.2.6 as trial instead for the moment until 2.2.7 is fixed.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Closed Thread