SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Sage User

Question Any way to cover network badge/logo to avoid screen burn?

Is there any way to cover up the network logo/badge/icon (whatever the official name is) that most networks always use in an evil attempt to destroy our expensive projectors?

If not, I'll propose it in the Feature Request thread. At the very least there could be a variable size, square or round, blacked out portion of the screen that the user could reposition to be over the network logo.

Yes, that would look a bit odd, but it's a hell of a lot better than burning out CRT tubes which are very expensive.

The best solution would be for the user to set a custom "blocking icon" for each channel, so that the user could make a black icon nearly identical to the size and position of the network's own logo. (Black does not cause any tube burn, while the full blazing white that so many network bastards force on us are the worst possible for our precious investments.) The user's own "blocker icon" settings would always be remembered for that channel, and a shortcut key option could be added to toggle the blocker icon on or off.

This would also help with news/sports channels to cover up their tickers and gigantic spinning logos.

I know that buying a cheap digital projector is an option for just watching TV, but especially as Sage eventually supports HD I want to watch on the best looking display possible.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Take a look at the dScaler logo killer filter. You'll have to use ffdshow to use it though.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Take a look at the dScaler logo killer filter. You'll have to use ffdshow to use it though.

I had no idea this existed. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Cool, thanks, I'll take a look. I still think Sage should put it in so everyone can easily use it... I'll put it in the feature request thread after I check out the dScaler method.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklenk
Cool, thanks, I'll take a look. I still think Sage should put it in so everyone can easily use it... I'll put it in the feature request thread after I check out the dScaler method.
Actually I disagree, and am not sure how SAGE could really do it. This is something in the video data, and needs to be handle by what ever decoder you use. SageTV may add it, if they make the decoder (which the beta has). Current versions you supply the decoder.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1abrams
Actually I disagree, and am not sure how SAGE could really do it. This is something in the video data, and needs to be handle by what ever decoder you use. SageTV may add it, if they make the decoder (which the beta has). Current versions you supply the decoder.

Ahh.... I see. Thanks for the explanation.