SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Sage User

Hauppauge 500MCE with Windows 2000?

I've got to replace a failing PVR-250 and am hoping that it's possible to run the Hauppauge 500MCE under Windows 2000/Sagetv. Is anyone doing this?
thanks, dfunk
Old 01-31-2005, 07:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunk
I've got to replace a failing PVR-250 and am hoping that it's possible to run the Hauppauge 500MCE under Windows 2000/Sagetv. Is anyone doing this?
thanks, dfunk
MY 500MCE (analog cable only) is running on Win2k workstation (my SageTV server) on a Pentium III 1 GHz SOYO SY-7VBA133U with 1GB memory using the drivers supplied on the 500MCE CD, SageTV 2.2.2Beta. I also have 2 250MCE's installed (digital cable only). I record to a Win2K server accross a 1GB network connection. Been up for a day and a half now with no problems noticed so far (knock on wood ). In near future will be dumping the VIA board for an AMD Athlon XP I hope. Don't think I forgot anything but if you want further system specs let me know and I will look them up.

BobP.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:34 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
MY 500MCE (analog cable only) is running on Win2k workstation (my SageTV server) on a Pentium III 1 GHz SOYO SY-7VBA133U with 1GB memory using the drivers supplied on the 500MCE CD, SageTV 2.2.2Beta. I also have 2 250MCE's installed (digital cable only). I record to a Win2K server accross a 1GB network connection. Been up for a day and a half now with no problems noticed so far (knock on wood ). In near future will be dumping the VIA board for an AMD Athlon XP I hope. Don't think I forgot anything but if you want further system specs let me know and I will look them up.

BobP.
Fantastic! My failing PVR-250 is in a shuttle sb51g which only has a single PCI slot, so I'm psyched about getting another tuner with that setup. Did you have to do anything special to get the 500MCE installed under windows 2000?

dfunk
Old 02-01-2005, 04:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunk
Did you have to do anything special to get the 500MCE installed under windows 2000?

dfunk
I installed it on a new Win2K install as the first PVR card in the computer with the drivers on the 500MCE CD then installed the 250MCE's but that was all I remember doing. I didn't let windows search the CD when it was installing the drivers I navigated directly to the correct directory on the CD - but windows probably would have found the correct driver anyway - I just like to make sure it installs what I expect it to install. Hope that helps you.

BobP.