SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Caller ID Plug In?

Anyone working on a caller ID plugin? This would be such a wonderful feature, that I think ALOT of people would use. I know there is 3rd party software out there that will do this but it wont work for us PVR350/Xcard users. It has to be a plugin for sage itself.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 01-30-2005, 11:37 PM
Sage User

I use this app called Thephonebot, it has a call popup window that appears overtop of my sage window. its fully skinnable and even can show the callers picture. its pretty cool and only 30 bucks i think.

http://www.thephonebot.com

heres an idea of the skins, i use one of the more smaller, generic ones that comes with it.

http://www.thephonebot.com/modules.p...download&cid=6
Old 01-31-2005, 12:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Does the pop-up appear on all sage tv screens or just on your local machine. I'm going to have all of my tv's hooked up to MVP clients running off of the Sage client on the server.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:15 AM
Sage User

whats really cool about this program is that it has a remote client which lets me put the popup on any machine in in my house, or over the internet for that matter. if you dont answer it streams the caller leaving the message in real time too. theres a lot of other stuff it does too- check it out. btw, if you are just using it for caller id the free version should work fine, theres a limit on the recording length if you dont pay the 30 bucks though.

is there anyway to format a web page or a database into a Sage looking page or add-on? this phonebot program has a builtin web server, if you could somehow parse that file and reforat the data into a sage menu it would be really sweet! i also looked and its a pretty simple access database that it stores its data in, could a database be somehow accessed and again redisplayed in a sage friendly format? that would be sweet.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Howdy..

Check out Caller ID Senry..
http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn/callerid_sentry.htm
It's small, it runs as a client or host, and best of all its free. It works on all my machines, weather using the clients or host with the modem and the popup works great with SageTV as well other applications you may be running. My only complaint is it does not keep a log. Again though, being free its hard to deny.
I looked at PhoneBot, and thought it was very cool, I just wasnt up for buying more software at this time.

Enjoy,
RedR
Old 01-31-2005, 08:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

I think the important part to the plug-in request is that PVR-350 users will need a Sage-specific plugin for this to work out for them. I don't have one, but I can sympathize with the request.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Exactly. I am sure all of the products suggested work great but they won't work for us PVR350/Xcard users. We need a sage specific plugin to use caller ID. Which is what I am requesting.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:00 AM
Sage User

What does the 350 card do that is so specific that it needs a custom plugin?

I might take a stab at writing one for my phonebot, is there an sdk or?
Old 01-31-2005, 10:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

From what I understand the 350 and xcard do not show the windows desktop like a standard video card TV-out does. They only decode an MPEG2 stream... sage has support to convert it's menus and video-overlay windows into a stream and sends it to the xcard/350. If windows opens a pop-up window, it will not be shown on the xcard/350.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

I would think this should be possible with the 350 in some way. The comskip program when started from within sage will give you an "in sage" popup message when it is done processing. It is an outside program that has been integrated to work with Sage. If somebody had code for a caller ID program and could re-write it to send a similar message to a sage plug in I'd think it would work on a 350.
Then comes bluetooth integration so you can see who is calling your cell phone.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Forsure it could be done, I believe anything can be done. The problem is getting one of the people with Studio to take on the task. Hopefully we'll hear from one of them soon. *crossing fingers*
Old 01-31-2005, 03:14 PM
Sage User

How can i get this studio app?
Old 01-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoholica
How can i get this studio app?
You can't. As nielm posted fairly recently:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Regarding studio (the UI customisation tool), the latest public information is here but it is a very hot topic...
- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Heya,

Good points all, as well I for one would LOVE something that worked directly with SageTV vs an external application. Thus let me put my 2c in on some requirements/designs for such a feature since I've been diging into this feature lately..
1. Need the ability to display current caller ID information
1a. Able to select between formatted and unformatted CID data.
1b. Able to set the durration of the CID popup and its location on the screen

2. Able to select between Raw or TAPI support
2a. Able to change the init string sent to the modem
2b. Able to change the COM port the modem is using

3. Ability to have the CID plugin run as a host or client
3a. Identify the host IP if ran as a client
3b. Ability to run host seperate from SageTV (allowing the modem to be in a different machine)

4. Call logging
4b. Ability to review and flush CID logs

Thanks, now I feel better. I've toyed with some cool CID programs that also include answering machines, again a very cool feature that could be rolled into SageTV. My biggest need is the ability it can support a modem in a different machine than the SageTV Server. Anyway, thanks for listening.

Enjoy,
RedR
Old 01-31-2005, 08:26 PM
Sage Icon

Actually the free version of Phone Bot does everything Caller ID Sentry does and more... You just don't get all of the answering machine functionality (which I don't use anyway).

I wouldn't use ANY Caller ID program that doesn't have a phonebook functionality like Phone Bot. I don't care so much about the picture capability, but the phone book is GOLD.

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedR
Howdy..

Check out Caller ID Senry..
http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn/callerid_sentry.htm
It's small, it runs as a client or host, and best of all its free. It works on all my machines, weather using the clients or host with the modem and the popup works great with SageTV as well other applications you may be running. My only complaint is it does not keep a log. Again though, being free its hard to deny.
I looked at PhoneBot, and thought it was very cool, I just wasnt up for buying more software at this time.

Enjoy,
RedR
Old 02-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone with studio going to take on this request??
Old 02-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Sage Icon

I would love for phonebot incorperation with SageTV. If it's possible to just output the data to XML files it shouldn't be too much work for one of the STV creators to integrate it.

Lets see if I can get Cayars on board.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Sage Icon

Well, PhoneBot has both a web and RSS interface. I would think you could use one of those... But not sure.

Jason
Old 02-07-2005, 12:33 AM
Sage User

the RSS interface would work very well here as its XML. It updates the moment a new event happens. Can anyone with Studio look into this? this would be seriously cool for sage to have support for.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Any Studio people out there?