SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Sage User

Overscan keeps changing by itself

When I first started, SageTV UI was already filling the screen nicely, but the video seemed to be way too overscanned, I could see logos being cut off etc. The OSD was also mostly off the screen (this is all in fullscreen mode).

So I went to the aspect ratio settings and changed it to 4:3 / 100% / 100% / no offsets. This made the video and OSD fit. When I went back to the menu, it was still filling the screen. Ok, I thought everything was fine.... but then, I went to the TV guide screen, and it was shrunk down into the middle of the screen. Then when I went back to menu, same thing, shrunk. Video was still fine.

So I went to the overscan settings, and stretched the UI back so it fills the screen. I didn't touch the aspect ratio settings. Then I went back to video, and it was too big again! I tried again to make the aspect ratio setting compensate by changing it from 100% / 100% to something like 98% / 98%... it was ok when I first went to video, but then again when I went to guide/menu it was shrunk.

I've repeated this a bunch of times... either the video/OSD is too big and the UI fills the screen, or the video fits the screen, but the UI is too small. Sometimes they both work, but as soon as I switch back and forth between guide and video it will go back to this weird state.

I have SageTV 2.1, PVR-250, a 27" SDTV connected via S-Video to Nvidia FX5200. I have latest nvidia drivers and I have used them to tweak the display size so the windows desktop fits in my TV screen such that I can still see the borders of the desktop and nothing is cut off.

Is this is a known problem or is something wrong with my setup? I am going nuts here...
Old 01-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Sage User

Same here. Very irritating! Sorry I don't have a solution.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Sage User

I should also mention that in the case when the UI fits the screen, and the video/OSD does not (too big), it is only like this in fullscreen mode.

When I switch from fullscreen to window mode, the video is not overscanned within the window, and the OSD fits properly inside the window borders. When I go fullscreen, it's off the screen again...
Old 01-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Sage Icon

Yep, quite annoying also. This only happens in OVERLAY mode and not in VMR9 mode.

If you happen to use my STV I've made a work around for this by creating a 3rd aspect ratio just for the OSD and it's elements.