SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-23-2003, 08:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Where to purchase PVR-250?

Where can I purchase a Win TV PVR-250? I have looked everywhere locally and I have come to the conclusion I have to purchase off the net? Where is the best place? I just want to purchsae the hardware?

Will this website sell me just the card?

Thanks
Old 06-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Sage Icon

Re: Where to purchase PVR-250?

Circuit City, Office Max, and CompUSA carry the card if you have those in your area. If not, then you will probably have to order over the internet.

I think they are $150 at any of those places.

I actually want to pick up another PVR-250, I have them locally, but would love to find one on sale somewhere... CC and OM have them on sale sometimes, but rarely for less than $120-ish... Any thoughts?

Jason

Quote:
Originally posted by kevthor
Where can I purchase a Win TV PVR-250? I have looked everywhere locally and I have come to the conclusion I have to purchase off the net? Where is the best place? I just want to purchsae the hardware?

Will this website sell me just the card?

Thanks
Old 06-24-2003, 12:44 AM

I've considered buying one of the "Freestyle"(basically what's in an MCE pc) type PVR250's off of Ebay. There is a company there that has fairly regular auctions. The cards go for around $90-$100 but, they come without a remote or software. Not a biggy in my case, since I have a "regular" PVR250 already. I'm just not sure how friendly the freestyle would be with my current PVR250.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've picked up a few from CompUSA. Periodically they seem to have them on sale with a mail-in-rebate. (twice in the last 2 months) My final cost was $99 apiece. (Well less the cost of stamps and such and the hassle with dealing with the rebates) Still waiting on rebate confirmation from the card I picked up in June.)
Old 06-24-2003, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

I have no problem with mail in rebates... I always have about 12-20 of them active at any time (buy a lot of things with rebates).

I just need to watch the ads/sales closer I guess. $99 would be an o.k. price in my opnion.

Jason

Quote:
Originally posted by jmeeks
I've picked up a few from CompUSA. Periodically they seem to have them on sale with a mail-in-rebate. (twice in the last 2 months) My final cost was $99 apiece. (Well less the cost of stamps and such and the hassle with dealing with the rebates) Still waiting on rebate confirmation from the card I picked up in June.)