SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-21-2003, 10:21 PM
Sage User

support for multiple cable boxes/IR Blasters?

I must say SageTV is the greatest PVR software I have ever seen. I love the fact that it supports intelligent recording, DVD-ready MPEG2 files, an IR transmitter for my cable box, and to top it all off, it just always works!

So now, since I've got my system running so well, I'm ready to take it to the next level: another tuner card.

To go with the 2nd tuner, I'd like to get another cable box so the 2nd tuner isn't limited to the broadcast channels.

But can SageTV utilize two Actisys IR200L IR-blasters simultaneously? Or some other brand/model, maybe USB?

To not have to choose between HBO and NBC is sweet... to not have to choose between HBO and Showtime would be unbelievable!

Jeff, Dan, everyone at Frey... keep up the great work!

Matt
Old 06-22-2003, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Or some other brand/model, maybe USB?
There is a chance they may support the USBUIRT in the future. I found this device thanks to another user's post. I believe Jeff(Narflex) has ordered one and said he will work on intergrating it into SageTV. No guarantees though. Hopefully it will go well. I to wish to connect my cable box and maybe even a satellite box. The nice thing about the USBUIRT is that it has a built in IR blaster and a jack in the back. You can use the jack to plugin IR dongles to control devices hidden away in a cabinet(nice if you have two devices that use the same IR codes) or another room.

Related to the USBUIRT, I know that another user(I beleive salsbst) has gotten it to work with SageTV using Girder. He has been able to change channels on his tuner box from SageTV using the USBUIRT. There are two groups for Sage at Girder, and the USBUIRT is supported by Girder as both a reciever and IR blaster. I have yet to set up external control yet myself(hoping Jeff beats me to it). I can say that the device arrived within one week of order and the craftsmanship is great. It looks just like a mass produced device. It's much smaller than the picture at the website makes it look. It's only 2.4"W x 1.5"D x 0.7"H and, by the way they use a black cable now.

Last edited by justme; 06-22-2003 at 05:28 AM.