SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdasilva
should manually tuned registry key always be TS0-1? would the '0' be another number if the mmc/region line in sage.properties is set to something else?
The MSDN says (when referring to freq overrides) "Tuning space numbers are arbitary. It is the application's responsibility to maintain the relationship between the Tuning Space and the frequency table. The most straigtforward approach is to use the country/region code as the tuning space number. Then, every time the application switches to a new country/region code, it would also switch to the same tuning space (in that order)."

From that, I guess it is up to Sage to determine which tuning space and override it is looking at. I am in the USA and the override for Tuning Space 0 (TS0) has been what I've edited. Also..the TS0-1 is for cable.. TS0-0 is for antenna/broadcast...just in case you are modifying one instead of the other..

I seem to remember reading that NeilM has posted he used the (TS0) override in Belgium. And it appears that Wheemer used the TS0 in Canada...? So I am hopeful it could work for you. Other than that, I don't really have an answer.

Sorry if this is not much help.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

driver

this appears to be a weakness in the driver/150mce card. The driver is supposed to auto-fine-tune correctly. I had occassional bad tune/no sound problems with my two 250 cards, which were fixed by a driver update.

TW
Old 03-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Sage User

i really dont know what to do. i manually configured all the frequencies in wintv and freqcopied it to the registries TS0-0, TS1-0, and TS2-0 (as well as their respective antenna keys just in case). i did my best to get sagetv to pick up these keys but for some reason it wouldnt. I tied changing the country codes to various numbers but neither 0, 1, 2 works. any guidance would help as i am getting very frustrated.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Sage Icon

did you try TS0-1
Old 03-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wheemer has a point.
You do need to use:
TS0-1 for cable or
TS0-0 for broadcast/antenna.

NielM posted a reply to another thread you had started about this problem. He confirms that Sage only looks at TS0-1 or TS0-0 for frequency modifications. So changing anything else is probably not going to help.
Also:
Please confirm that you are modifying the correct registry path. Maybe you could post it and we could have a look.

Example reg path for adjusted cable channel 14:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TV System Services\TVAutoTune\TS0-1
"14"=dword:740CDCC

Hang in there. The frustration can be bad sometimes but a working PVR like Sage will really be worth it when you correct this issue!
Old 03-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Sage User

Unhappy ok let me get this straight

correct me if im wrong.

I need to manually configure the frequency table in windows so that sagetv can use the appropriate frequencies and tune to channels.

I used wintv2k and setup all the channels and confirmed that they are on the right frequencies.

The wintv2k frequencies were copied correctly to the right areas of the windows registry. placing them as TS0-1. (i double check this registy and it is correctly placed and entered)

In the windows region settings, my location is Canada.

The sagetv.properties file has a mmc/country=Canada entry

It also places a mmc/country_code=1 entry. (what does this line mean? does this have anything to do with the frequency table? some forums online said that this number relates to where it looks for the frequency table. where the country_code N should have its frequency override at TSN-1 (or 0 for antenna). I am confused on this issue. I also copied the frequency table generated in wintv2k to TS1-1 also in case sagetv is looking there.

If i change my country_code to 0 in the sagetv.properties file. sagtv on startup will ask which country im in. Does it matter which country i choose? Ive tried canada (which puts a 1 for the country_code) and US.

With all these settings i enter sagetv, setup my pvr250 with the tvtuner as the tuning device with an epg for my local programming, and then all i get is static with the exception of 2 channels. (14 and 34)

am i missing a step, a peice of information or just my brain?
Old 03-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Sage User

btw should the tuner souce be "cable / satelite" if im trying to get it to use the frequency override table TSN-1? it should correct? "local broadcast (over-the-air)" would relate to TSN-0. correct?
Old 03-07-2005, 04:14 AM
SageTVaholic

If you go to setup Wizard, and select a device, in the screen there is an item: Cable/Antenna -- TS0-0 is for antenna, TS0-1 is for cable. This is the equivalent to selecting 'Use tuner on capture card to tune Cable TV or 'Use tuner on capture card to tune Antenna/Broadcast' in the source setup.

The later selection in the setup wizard -- type of programming guide data provider: 'Cable/Sat' or 'Over the air' -- is not relevant to *tuning* and is only used to select the EPG lineup.

(the reason for selecting cable or antenna is that most countries use different frequencies for channels in unencrypted analogue cable than for channels in over-the air broadcast TV)

Here is the full reply I intended to post in the other thread:
Quote:
this post has more info on frequency overrides, but you may have already seen it! There is an app by Eurojojo that copies frequencies from WinTV2k to the registry.

I have always used TS0-0 (for antenna) and TS0-1 (for cable) registry keys for frequency overrides: I think this is the only 'TSn' that Sage uses, which may explain why you don't see any effect. (I don't have mmc/region in my .properties file, I have mmc/country_code=32 though, and TS0 is still used).

It should not require a windows reboot, but the Sage process (or service if you are using it) needs to be restarted. to re-initialise the tuner cards.

EPG should not affect this much: other than the fact that the EPG specifies the channel numbers/frequency indexes to use (, but these can be re-mapped in Sage

Sage does not use this part of the registry itself, it just tells the capture card to tune to channel 'n' -- the capture card looks up the frequency in either the builtin tables (using country code and cable/antenna settings) or in the overrides list in the registry. So you need to be sure that channel 'n' actually tunes to the required channel number.

Last edited by nielm; 03-07-2005 at 04:21 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Sage User

i got it working. i guess you have to preform a total reinstall of sagetv (and delete the directory) for it to take changes in the frequency table. well it works now and its great. thanks for all the patience and help guys.