SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-04-2005, 09:00 PM

Unhappy No video or sound after changing channel, must close file

I am trying the Sage demo and had it working on my PIII733, Geforce2ti, 256MB, WinXPPro, PVR-150 rig. I was using the "default" codec setting but wanted to try others. Changing to the non-css codec did not provide me any video, so...

I updated to the latest nVidia geforce drivers which allowed the non-css codec to work, but now I can't change channels using ANY codec (also tried NVDVD). WHen I change the channel, I lose the video and sound (but programs works otherwise). I can hit "close file," return to the LiveTV guide and select a new channel (but can't change once I'm there).

ANy thoughts?? (And yes, I know my system is ancient - I'm getting a new one very soon )

-Chris
Old 01-06-2005, 02:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

You are not the only one with that problem. I have a PVR-150MCE in a 3000+ Athlon system with 1 GB of memory. I don't think it has anything to do with system specs.
I have EPG info in place via XMLTV and it works very good. However, when i select a show and select to view it it goes there. Once there i can't get out. I can change the channels numbers in the top part of the screen with Page Up/Down and press enter, but the channel itself doesn't change. I also have to close the file to get out. I end up in the LiveTV guide again to select another show. In a lot of cases SageTV freezes up in this stage and i can only stop it with ctrl-alt-del.
Aside from this i also have 'playback errors' sometimes, so perhaps there is some correlation between these.
The card work fine in other apps by the way (WinTV 2000 and *cough* beyondTV)
Old 01-13-2005, 09:07 AM

help - SageTV *almost* works

I still cannot change channels while watching TV. Everything else seems to work fine (recording, playback, watching 1 channel without changing!).

Anyone here ever see this problem?
Old 01-14-2005, 02:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

cjfarrel,

On Nielm's advice i installed the Beta version 2.2.3 and it solved all my problems. Everything is running fine....switching channels, timeshifting, pausing, FF and RW...all worked great.

I don't know if you are in a PAL country (i am) but this could be the solution for you as well.

Henk99
Old 01-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjfarrell
I still cannot change channels while watching TV. Everything else seems to work fine (recording, playback, watching 1 channel without changing!).

Anyone here ever see this problem?
Dang, i was speeking too fast!

Timeshifting, FF, RW all works fine, but channel changing does not.

When i'm viewing one channel and then swith to the next (or any other), the image freezes and the sound stops. Nothing happens after that (i tested more than 10 minutes..). When i change back to the channel i came from. I have to use the stop file command from the menu. When i select a new program then in the livetv guide...everything is fine. I can then view another channel.
So, when pressing the arrows (or pgup/pgdwn) the menu bars change, but the image does not.

Any help on this?

Henk99

Last edited by henk99; 01-17-2005 at 02:01 AM.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:03 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to aberson
I'm having the same issue w/ a PVR-350 and 2.1

only way to switch channels is to first hit "stop" (i.e. close file) and then change the channel.

If I forget hit stop first, I believe I have go to the TV Recordings screen, start playing an existing recording, then hit stop on that, then go back to the guide and pick the new channel I want.

These are the only 2 properties that seem like they COULD have anything to do with it:

mmc/always_tune_channel - true/false to force a channel tune for each recording even if the next recording is on the same channel

videoframe/time_to_start_into_tv_file_playback - amount of time to start after the beginning of anything recorded from TV, used to avoid seeing the channel change at beginning of a recording

The first one wasn't even in my .properties file, but I tried adding it and setting it true, no luck.

adam
Old 01-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to aberson
possible solution

possible solution to this problem could be to set seeker/fast_mux_switch to false - so far it's working for me.

check out my post about it.

now if we could just solve the pvr350 EOF problem! grrr!

adam