SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-17-2003, 10:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question Downloaded with Wrong SYS DTE/TME

I just downloaded the SAGETV trial. I wanted to ensure that my TV Schedule could be downloaded from the web and I can select this for recording and surfing.

Going through the wizard informed me of the proper cable company. It stated the correct channels and assignment. It then said it would download the guide. All went fine.

After opening up the Sage Guide all of the channels stated NO DATA. To my dismay, I started to reconfigure this over and over again to no avail.

Then I noticed that my system date and time was off by 2 months exactly (it read Aug 16- the time was correct). I reset the date to the correct date. Upon attempting to relaunch the program it said that it would not run because I changed the date time.

I think that my guide would work if I have the correct date on my system.

Please Help!- I already tried to remove the product and reinstall the trial to no avail. I need ot ensure that the guide and the product works prior to purchasing.

Follower
Old 06-17-2003, 11:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to -LD
after uninstalling try deleting everything in C:\Program Files\Frey Technology

that should remove the left over data from the last install and give you a more or less clean start for a fresh install

as a side note, is it possible to have a cleaner uinstall routine that removes all traces of SageTV? or was this opted against intentionally?
Old 06-17-2003, 11:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you -LD. I thought I tried that, I could be wrong. I definitely Removed it with the Windows Remove Pgms and reinstalled to another directory.

I tried searching through the registry afterwards as well and did not find anything.

I will attempt this when I get home. I will let you know. Thanks for the quick reply....

Follower
Old 06-17-2003, 12:28 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

The reason we don't remove everything is so that you don't get your database and properties file removed if you are only doing an uninstall/reinstall. Or your video files that may be associated in that same folder.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Pirating the software

Whenever I set my System Date back to June from August and attempted to start the app, I received a "you are attempting to pirate the software message" or something to that affect (is it possible that the MSI- win installer- keeping track of this? It looks like a very specific error.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

I deleted the directory specified by -LD to no avail. I am still getting the error. My sysclock was set to 8/16, I installed the TRIAL. I realized I could not see my Program Guide. I thought this may be due to the wrong date time. I set my system date back to 6/16. Now I am getting the folowing message:

"Your system clock appears to have been set back, possibly in an attempt to defeat the security system on this program. Please correct your system clock before trying to run this program again. If you clock is correct, please contact the author of this program for instructions on correcting this error (report cod CCB-F)"

I attempted to remove the TRIAL product, then deleted the directory as -LD recommended. I then installed the TRIAL again. I still received the error above.

Please help!
Old 06-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by dkardatzke
The reason we don't remove everything is so that you don't get your database and properties file removed if you are only doing an uninstall/reinstall. Or your video files that may be associated in that same folder.
cool...i figured it was probably for that reason

follower, i had a brain fart earlier...yeah, i have no idea if there is a way around it considering the date it think it was installed...and if there was, i don't think Frey would let it get out in the open
Old 06-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

-LD, I thought as much but the protection would be that you cannot get the guide which renders the product pretty much useless. I really need to know that the guide will work prior to plopping down money.

foller
Old 06-17-2003, 07:41 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

There's no way around the error you're experiencing because of the piracy protection in the software. The only way would be to reinstall windows which you probably don't want to do, so......

What do you need to know about the Guide? Are you concerned about support for your area? If so, send me an e-mail to info@freytechnologies.com with your Broadcast City, Zip Code and Service Provider and I'll tell you what's available.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

i just tried to download the latest version and now i'm getting this message...my clock was indeed messed up (i think i posted about my time troubles before, 1 hour off and such)...my clock has a mind of its own

anyway, is there anything i can do to correct this? my guess is no
Old 08-29-2003, 01:12 PM
Sage

Which message? Most of them (except for the trial being expired) I can fix.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

-LD

I had the same problem with the clock being one hour off. Checking "automatically adjust clock for daylight savings time adjustment" in the Time Zone settings for Windows seemed to fix this for me.
Old 08-29-2003, 03:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

sorry, should have been more clear

"Your system clock appears to have been set back, possibly in an attempt to defeat the security system on this program. Please correct your system clock before trying to run this program again. If you clock is correct, please contact the author of this program for instructions on correcting this error (report cod CCB-F)"
Old 08-29-2003, 04:42 PM
Sage

Send an email to support@freytechnologies.com and I'll send you what you need to fix it.