SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Recorder Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Recorder Software Discussion related to the SageTV Recorder application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Recorder should be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 09:10 AM
Sage Fanatic

*****OFFICIAL SageTV Recorder FEATURE REQUEST/UPDATE THREAD*****

This thread will be used to pull together all of the feature requests for the SageRecorder product. I'll be the official "keeper" of the thread. If you have a feature request for SageRecorder, please post it here, and I'll add it to the list. Please DO NOT ask support questions in this thread.

From time to time, Jeff and Dan will post updates in this thread discussing the progress made on the requested features, along with other things as well.

Edit: This thread is now closed. Please send any suggestions directly to SageTV. Thank you. - Opus4
Old 06-17-2003, 09:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

This post is reserved for Jeff's and Dan's responses and announcements.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK then!.....

1) Once you have done a scheduled record for say a 30 minute program, Sage takes that as the default recording time. So you
have to remember to right click the record button and change it back to 'Record Until Stopped' which is what I normally set it on.
It would be nice if it didn't change this setting once it has done a scheduled record.

2) Should the audio/video go out of sync, it would be nice if it dropped bigger chunks of audio if they are quite some seconds out of sync as it takes just over 60 seconds of play time to correct a 2 second(ish) sync issue. If it was exponential or similar so bigger errors got sorted quicker!

3) A method of adjusting the audio delay for differing quality settings. My machine needs a delay of 0 for BEST(PAL) encoding, but a 200ms delay when used on FAIR(PAL) encoding. So if you change the quality, you also have to change the audio delay in the config.

Old 06-18-2003, 06:05 AM
Sage User

Request...

Ive noticed that resizing the recorder schedule verticlly does absolutely no good. Id like to be able to stretch the window so i could see all my scheduled recordings at once. Its just annoying
Old 06-18-2003, 04:07 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to ajp
1) Option to shut down PC after scheduled recording.

2) Easier way to create new recording profiles (bitrate/audio/filters etc)

3) Recording without preview on (maybe this is already possible?)
Old 06-18-2003, 04:40 PM

ajp you can turn preview off
Old 06-18-2003, 10:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Request: Include the show title (e.g. for series) in the file name, or even fully user configurable filenames
Old 06-18-2003, 10:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Request: Use the correct aspect ratio when playing files from the library.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:51 AM
Sage User

I have three feature requests.

- A command line interface. This would allow other programs or scripts to start a recording. You would need options for channel, starttime, endtime, profile, output file etc.

- a channel drop-down list in the GUI, just like WinTV2000 has; right-click on the channel in the display and you get a list of the channels, so you can pick one and switch immediately to it. Tip: In the Sagerecorder GUI there is room for such a list just above the numeric keypad.

- a possibility to order channels in any way you want. For example in the Channel Mapping window Move Up/Move Down arrows could be added, so you can select a channel and move it up or down the channel list and give it any place you want.

Regards,
Johan
Old 06-22-2003, 04:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

A couple more:

1) Fix X-Card audio problem as currently, the audio output on the X-Card is stuck at MAX volume and doesn't respond to SageRecorder's volume change requests.

2) If you make the preview full-screen, it would be nice if it automatically removed the mouse pointer after a few seconds of inactivity as currently you have to move the mouse off the screen yourself.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:07 PM
Sage User

I think that winTV2K will die if you add:

1) european shedule format: 24Hrs (yep I get crazy to convert back and forward and very often forget to put the PM !!!)

2) 3 possible fields on schedule
- start
- end
- duration
and the last 2 should be related (I input end, duration is calculated or vice versa).

3) Another advanced function is auto file split on size (let's say 700MB, filename PIPPO.mpg so the files could be PIPPO.1.mpg PIPPO.2.mpg ... PIPPO.x.mpg)

Video functionalities are nice, efficency is gread, cpu utilization is ok.

Just a little more to make all the people who records a lot very happy.

(the first two are REALY easy... please put them in the next release... )
Old 07-05-2003, 05:19 PM
Sage User

Two things I'd like to see:

1) Be able to run as a service so you can record without being logged into the PC

2) Able to create/modify video/audio pre-sets via the gui.
Old 07-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Sage Icon

Wintv2k was ever alive?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by m.savazzi
I think that winTV2K will die if you add:

1) european shedule format: 24Hrs (yep I get crazy to convert back and forward and very often forget to put the PM !!!)

2) 3 possible fields on schedule
- start
- end
- duration
and the last 2 should be related (I input end, duration is calculated or vice versa).

3) Another advanced function is auto file split on size (let's say 700MB, filename PIPPO.mpg so the files could be PIPPO.1.mpg PIPPO.2.mpg ... PIPPO.x.mpg)

Video functionalities are nice, efficency is gread, cpu utilization is ok.

Just a little more to make all the people who records a lot very happy.

(the first two are REALY easy... please put them in the next release... )
Old 07-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK... Yet more !!

1) When you are altering times in the Schedule window, some of the number boxes when adjusted by the up/down arrows stop
when you reach zero and don't wrap round to 59 and vice versa while some of the other boxes do. It's helpful when it DOESN'T wrap around so it's easier to make a recording for an hour exactly without having to use the keyboard or overshoot. It would be nice if all the number entry points were consistent with each other.

What might be nice is a few buttons where you could default to a standard recording length. Eg. a 30 Min button an Hour button would make it a lot quicker.

2) If you are recording a TV show and you have pressed Pause/Play to stop the video (though I think this will happen even if the video is playing) and the recording has reached the end of the recording time you set in "Record For Time...", it interrupts the video to bring up the "Filename" box so you can save the file. When you enter a name and want to carry on watch the video, it resets to the beginning of the file which is annoying as you then have to fast forward and try to find the point where you got to before Sage interrupted you. It would be handy if it allowed you to carry on from where you were.
Old 07-18-2003, 12:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

More.... !!

Is it possible to make the text a little larger or bolder so it's easier to read on the TV? When using the scheduler, it's sometimes possible to mistake a 6 for an 8 and vice versa and maybe make the current date a different colour to make it stand out from the rest of the dates as the bold type isn't always that distinguishable from the none-bold type in the calendar.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Additional....

To add to the suggestion of mine at the top of this thread, is it possible to make the audio-adjustment actually skew the audio when it's recording and not playback?

This would mean that you could skew the audio on the recording and make a perfect recording that could be played on other players (eg. Winamp, ZoomPlayer) rather than use the audio-adjustment to correct the file afterwards on playback?
Old 08-12-2003, 08:34 AM

Hi--Sage Recorder looks very cool, but I have a WinTV PVR card which doesn't seem to be supported. Any chance it will be added to the supported card list?

If not, then any suggestions on an "upgrade" to a supported card, preferably that would be better (no sense in upgrading for nothing:-) and also that wouldn't be too painful to install & configure on an XP Dual PIII.

Thanks!--David
http://www.nikondigital.org
Old 08-12-2003, 09:50 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

David,

The old WinTV PVR card will not be supported because Hauppauge has replaced it now with the PVR-250 card. I would recommend upgrading to the PVR-250 card if you want to use some of the recent third party apps like SageRecorder and SageTV for that card.

Dan
Old 08-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

My 2 cents...

If you're going to upgrade, you might as well get a Hauppage PVR-350 or a ProVideo PV256T-Pro.

Very little said about the Provideo cards on this forum, but I've found the quality of them to be superb. I even bought one over the Hauppage card.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:31 PM

Dan & others, thanks for the responses. I hate to "upgrade" to the 250 since from what I can tell it isn't any better than what I have (except of course for 3rd party suppor), or does it actually produce better video?

As to jumping to the 350 or the ProVideo, I went to the ProVideo website & didn't get a huge warm & fuzzy, but I'm curious what their card has that caused you to choose it over the Hauppauge. Thanks!--David
http://www.nikondigital.org
Closed Thread