SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-21-2005, 11:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

The site has been up most of the time. Unfortunately my connectin to the Internet has been down for a couple of hours but it should be up and running now. I don't know hat happened but it looks as if it is the fault of my ISP.

Anders
Old 10-24-2005, 11:22 PM

TIME_WAIT in "netstat -a" output

First I like to thank Anders for creating this plugin for LCD Smarties. Grate work! I am using it to control a VFD on a Ahanix HTPC case. Works very well.

I did, however, notice that there are a large number (~230) of connections to the Sage getstatus plugin shown in "TIME_WAIT" state in "netstat -a" output when LCD Smartie is running with this plugin. It does not happen when LCD Smartie is not running. Lines are shown like this:

TCP june:2975 localhost:20000 TIME_WAIT

I notice that the older ones will disappear and new ones will start. When the source port number reaches 5000, it goes back to ~1000. There is always about 236 of them outstanding.

I am just wondering if this is a problem. It seems to cause one of my other program to crash.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

I will have to look at this. I might not close the connection properly.

Anders
Old 10-29-2005, 03:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

The TIME_WAIT issue is now solved. A new version is available for download that keeps the connection open to the status monitor (Sage).

Anders
Old 10-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Sage User

For those of us that know enough to follow directions....is there some where I can get instrux on how to set all this up ie Where do these files get unpacked to?
Thanks
Joey
Old 10-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

My files goes into the plugins directory of LCD Smartie. All information can be found at my web page where the download is.

Anders
Old 10-30-2005, 01:03 AM

TIME_WAIT issue resolved

I just tested the new version. I can confirm that the issue is resolved. Thanks very much!
Old 11-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Sage User

Thanks

I've been using your plugin for sometime now, but I just wanted to give a BIG Thank You -- this plugin rocks!!!
Old 11-26-2005, 01:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Guys,

I have not downloaded and installed this yet -- just checking before I do. I have several clients that have LCDs now with LCDsmartie. Do I install this and the external status plugin on each client? Or just the external status plugn on the server and the LCDsmartie DLL on each client?

Thanks
Old 11-26-2005, 01:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

I think you should install the ststus plugin on the clients so that the display can show what is currently being watch in that client.

Anders
Old 01-31-2006, 05:27 AM
Sage User

LCD Smartie / Sage Display problem

Hi,

I seem to be having troubles getting the SmartiePlugin to work.

I have installed the SageTV getstatus plugin,and thats working fine (shows in netstat,also im able to telnet [telnet localhost 20000],and the details show up fine when recording.

I can get the Sagemon plugin to show up recordings fine via the desktop popup window.

My understanding is i cannot connect both at the same time at the moment ?,so when testing the LCD Smartie plugin i quit the SageMon app.

Currently in LCDsmartie i have $dll(sage.dll,5,0,2) $dll(sage.dll,2,0,)
which in turn shows nothing on my LCD screen (no errors show up)

Any ideas Please.

Im using latest beta version of SageTV, latest version of lcdsmartie availiable on website,also evertyhing is running on one machine.

Thanks
Abit AN-AM2HD | AMD5000+ | 2048MB DDR2-800 | ATI-3650 | 3TB Storage | Sage 6.4.8/Meedio 1.41 | XP 32BIT | FireDTV S2 | WinTV-NOVA-S+ | USB-UIRT/MX-500 Remote | Antec Fusion Case | Zalman Reserator 1 V2 | 1GB NIC`s

Last edited by Hades; 01-31-2006 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:11 AM
SageTVaholic

getstatus should handle mutliple simultaneous connections without any problems since v1.1...
Old 03-16-2006, 05:53 PM

The site is down for me. Is there anywhere else to get the files?
Old 03-19-2006, 01:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

My server is now back on line. It is old and needs to be retired.

The files can also be found in the download section of this forum.

Anders
Old 04-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

How to get mp3 info...

I'll admit up front, I haven't spent enough time to say I've looked exhaustively at this yet, but I'll ask this question anyway.

I just installed the LCDSmartie plugin and GetStatus plugin to get info from Sage. I'm not able to pull out information about currently playing music. I'm wondering if this might be because I'm using Deria's winamp plugin, and I suppose I could just pull that info directly from there instead, right?

I think its great to be able to use the LCD when needed, even if its too small to read from anywhere further than 3 feet back from the TV.

Thanks for this great tool!!
Old 04-25-2006, 04:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119
I'll admit up front, I haven't spent enough time to say I've looked exhaustively at this yet, but I'll ask this question anyway.

I just installed the LCDSmartie plugin and GetStatus plugin to get info from Sage. I'm not able to pull out information about currently playing music. I'm wondering if this might be because I'm using Deria's winamp plugin, and I suppose I could just pull that info directly from there instead, right?

I think its great to be able to use the LCD when needed, even if its too small to read from anywhere further than 3 feet back from the TV.

Thanks for this great tool!!
If you are playing the files from Winamp, then you should be able to use the Winamp reporting that is integrated into LCDSmartie without any need for this plugin.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades
Hi,

I seem to be having troubles getting the SmartiePlugin to work.

I have installed the SageTV getstatus plugin,and thats working fine (shows in netstat,also im able to telnet [telnet localhost 20000],and the details show up fine when recording.

I can get the Sagemon plugin to show up recordings fine via the desktop popup window.

My understanding is i cannot connect both at the same time at the moment ?,so when testing the LCD Smartie plugin i quit the SageMon app.

Currently in LCDsmartie i have $dll(sage.dll,5,0,2) $dll(sage.dll,2,0,)
which in turn shows nothing on my LCD screen (no errors show up)

Any ideas Please.

Im using latest beta version of SageTV, latest version of lcdsmartie availiable on website,also evertyhing is running on one machine.

Thanks
I'm getting the same problem with SageTV v6.0.19, anybody got this working? I get no errors from the DLL, the monitor program works ok, but the LCD never shows anything. I'm using a CrystalFontzCFA632 LCD. Works fine withthe other lines in the lcdsmartie program, just not any with the sage dll file in it.

I'm using the latest stable release of LCDSmartie, latest release of the getstatus plugin, and the latest version of the Sage.dll file. All on the same machine.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Sage Icon

Nobody stll using this thing? I've got a very nice LCd that at the moment won't display anything from sage .
Old 01-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001
Nobody stll using this thing? I've got a very nice LCd that at the moment won't display anything from sage .
Snap!

I've given up the wait for a SageTV plugin for LCDC and started moving the LCD SMartie instead.

My problem is there's no documentation on what numbers to use in the $dll command. I dont know if I'm using the wrong numbers or the if the plugin isn't working.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Anders' site which has the instructions is down, but here is the Google Cache of it:

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a