SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Sage User

Cant get hauppauge remote to work with sage tv 2.1

My remote works fine with winTV but can not get it to work with sagetv. I have downloaded the latest remote software and in installed it. I downloaded the w/o focus program and swapped the sendmessage.exe. I also changed the IRREMOTE.ini file. I have my SageTV installed in Drogram files instead of Crogram files. So I changed all the C: location in the ini file to D. I cant get this remote to do anything! What am I missing here? I have been messing with this for over 2 hours!

Thanks,
Chris
Old 12-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Administrator

You don't need to use sendmessage.exe any more -- the Hauppauge IR software now has the ability to send messages. If you haven't already done so, see post #15 of remote link #3 in my sig lines. Grab the file for whichever Hauppauge remote you have. I think I included a readme in the zip file.

If you are using the client, you have to change the window class name & that should be documented there.

Make sure the paths you use actually exist -- they have to be the short versions of the paths w/o any spaces. Double check that your short path names are the correct ones, since sometimes they can have a ~2 at the end instead of ~1 & so on.

After updating the ini file, you have to restart ir.exe. Make sure you then use the green power button to start SageTV. (There are comments somewhere further in that thread for the case where you let SageTV sleep in full screen screen saver mode insted of in the system tray.)

That's all I can think of at the moment.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:34 PM
Sage User

Thank you very much! Got it running in 5 minutes LOL.. I dont know where in the post I was downloading the old ini file I was using, but it is different then one I just downloaded and installed. Oh well... Now im happy One more question, When I use sagetv and output with my 350 PVR to my tv screen, when I make the pause and everything else pop up. Half it is off my tv screen on the bottom and half off the tv screen on the top. I cant find where how I adjust this to fit on the tv screen. On my computer it is normal. Thanks, again!

Chris

Last edited by Chris3577; 12-24-2004 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-24-2004, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3577
When I use sagetv and output with my 350 PVR to my tv screen, when I make the pause and everything else pop up. Half it is off my tv screen on the bottom and half off the tv screen on the top. I cant find where how I adjust this to fit on the tv screen. On my computer it is normal.
I don't use a 350, but you could try "Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Multimedia -> Overscan Settings" to adjust the UI size. Note that this is a 2-step process to place the upper left corner, then the lower right corner.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Sage User

Thanks!! I was doing that before but didnt realize it was a 2 step deal.. Im all good now!
Chris