SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-13-2003, 09:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm totally lost!

Ok, just got my Actisys IR-200L and PVR-250 in and loving it so far(just testing and stuff)

My problem - I live in a crappy little area in Ohio about 40 miles West of Pittsburgh. Sage doesn't list my area. I can put in a Pittsburgh Zip and it has 95% or more of my channels(just missing the local channels which is no big deal, can just watch the Pittsburgh NBC affiliate instead as I get it as well). I would then have to manually remap all the channels to the proper numbers.

I was on TitanTV's site and they have perfect listings for my area. Has anyone written a plugin to use their data yet?

What is this xmltv I keep reading about? I have been unsuccessful in finding a thread that meantions it along with a link to what I need to d/l.

Can anyone help a newbie with this stuff out?
Old 06-13-2003, 09:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Answered my own question...couldn't stand not being able to find a link in the forums and finalyl found in on the FAQ page

Can anyone tell me if this works with TitanTV since as I said, their listing would be great for me.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:32 PM
Sage User

No Titantv uses encrytion.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Woohoo....after the long wait of having xmltv do its thing I now have all my proper programming Thanks for putting up with my noobness.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:41 AM

Don't forget to setup a batch file to update your XMLTV epgdata.xml file. Have window's scheduler automatically run the batch at a desired time of day. When I was using the XMLTV plugin, I onetime had SageTV freeze when it went to do a daily update and the epgdata.xml file had no data for that day. A few have run in to a bug in the XP scheduler, but most have no problems with a scheduled batch to update.

If you need help on batch files just do some searching on this forum. Most of the XMLTV stuff is in the "SageTV Service" forum.
Any problems just ask, lots of great people here.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by justme
If you need help on batch files just do some searching on this forum. Most of the XMLTV stuff is in the "SageTV Service" forum.
Any problems just ask, lots of great people here.
Thats for sure. The good answers I've seen on these forums is what was my deciding factor of what service to get.

I wrote my batch and scheduled it already, everything is working great....lovin this
Old 06-14-2003, 05:29 PM

Bandit what name of town in Ohio by way was you ref to Pittsburgh, PA?.
Old 06-14-2003, 06:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Steubenville Ohio, 43952 and yes, was referring to Pittsburgh PA.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:07 PM

Oh I see you way downlaod there hehe