SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 12-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Sage User

How many UK Sagetv users are there

I was wondering what the market is for a UK EPG. I know who to get the data from and how much it would cost the problem is how many subscribers can i get.

I have used sage tv for about a year and i dont know how i would cope without it. If only there is a EPG source i am sure sagetv would sell like hot cakes.

Nvidia are selling the nvtv card with free epg in the uk using gemstar plus. Could sage tv work with gemstar ?

If a 3rd party was prepared to pay for the EPG data would sage incorporate full support for it in the uk ?

I hope you can help

regards

Lee
Old 12-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Sage Expert

This all sounds like good news! I have always said that I would be willing to pay a small fee to get reliable data downloaded straight into Sage (although I have to say, XMLTV has been running great for the past few months now). It would be interesting to know if Sage could do something with gemstar?!?!?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Sage User

I am wondering if Sage still has plans to intergrate UK listings into the program rather than using the XMLTV Importer.

I was trawling through archives from the forums and noticed that in 2003 developers had stated that they had planned to include UK listings once all of the US was supported.

Now 3 years later I was wondering if we were anywhere nearer to getting an intergrated solution.

I am using XMLTV and the importer at the moment but is a little messy.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

In theory tvtv works with Sage. In practise it didn't (in my experience) - complete bewildering mess, I very much regret handing £15 to tvtv who then refused to help at all when I said it didn;t work.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:21 PM
Sage Expert

I got the trial of tvtv working once but binned it within 2 days as the quality of data was appalling. Worse descriptions and categorisation than radio times and several schedule errors.

Radio times xmltv is ok but I'd certainly pay for better categorisation and correct episode ids.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS
I got the trial of tvtv working once but binned it within 2 days as the quality of data was appalling. Worse descriptions and categorisation than radio times and several schedule errors.

Radio times xmltv is ok but I'd certainly pay for better categorisation and correct episode ids.
Yep, me too. Good EPG info would great and something I'd be willing to shell out for. Slightly O.T. by has anyone got first-runs or re-runs working using the radio times xmltv data?
Old 06-27-2006, 01:13 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner
Yep, me too. Good EPG info would great and something I'd be willing to shell out for. Slightly O.T. by has anyone got first-runs or re-runs working using the radio times xmltv data?
I have never managed to get this working properly.

It has to be something to do with the unique Program ID - or the lack of them.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:55 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
It has to be something to do with the unique Program ID - or the lack of them.
Best bet for this is probably StephaneM's EPG plugin configured to generate IDs based on title/description. Radio times seems to get this right for most episodes in a series whereas episode x of x data is often missing. Intending to try it myself soon.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17566
Old 06-29-2006, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS
Best bet for this is probably StephaneM's EPG plugin configured to generate IDs based on title/description. Radio times seems to get this right for most episodes in a series whereas episode x of x data is often missing. Intending to try it myself soon.
Yes it will helps for first run / re run : at least you are almost guaranteed the IDs will be the same for an episode throughout a year (or more). As the Importer keeps an history of used IDs as well as the first time it saw this ID.

So even if Radio Times doesn't include any "original air date" for the shows, the Importer will store one. As times goes by and re runs get aired, the Importer will notice and show some re runs (for instance in France "Friends" is a popular series and is aired on three channels or more, after one year all episodes are most certainly aired and the Importer will show them all as re run the next year, and if it were a new season you'll notice it immediately)

So when no first run / re run is in your data, the Importer will give you at worse a first seen in SageTV / already seen in SageTV logic (since the date of your first Importer use).

Regards,
Stéphane.