SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

I can't tell from the posted messages, but . . . .

Is there any way to get any sort of DVD menus to display on the MVP?

I can author my own DVD and save it as either ISO or DVD folder.

Right now, I rip the main movie off of the DVD into a single .vob file, then transcode the audio to mp2 and save as mpg. This works for me, but it takes time. I would love a solution that allows me to buy a DVD and watch it right away (I don't have working DVD players on all my TVs) instead of waiting a few hours for this process to finish.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Also, if I could have menus from DVDs that I author show up on the MVP, then I could create nice-looking structures for watching my home movies (which are really just short clips) and navigating through them.

It would also allow me to effectively have more than ONE video playlist....
Old 07-19-2006, 03:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChePazzo
I can't tell from the posted messages, but . . . .

Is there any way to get any sort of DVD menus to display on the MVP?

I can author my own DVD and save it as either ISO or DVD folder.

Right now, I rip the main movie off of the DVD into a single .vob file, then transcode the audio to mp2 and save as mpg. This works for me, but it takes time. I would love a solution that allows me to buy a DVD and watch it right away (I don't have working DVD players on all my TVs) instead of waiting a few hours for this process to finish.
The MVP definitely does NOT support any type of DVD menu navigation.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Sage Fanatic

FYI.. I just posted an import to mount and play ISO images in sage with or without an external DVD player.

Take a look here Nothing spectacular... Just basic finctionality somewhat to what was in Cayars..

Jim
Old 07-27-2006, 06:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky

Gerry
but can I 'trick' it into doing what I want? For example, the MVP has no DIVX support, but the sage software can transcode to MPEG so the MVP is happy.

Like the Prismiq didn't support .ppt slideshows, but the server for that product would render the .ppt into a series of .jpgs so you got the same effect.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but it can't hurt to ask (again).
Old 07-27-2006, 06:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChePazzo
but can I 'trick' it into doing what I want? For example, the MVP has no DIVX support, but the sage software can transcode to MPEG so the MVP is happy.

Like the Prismiq didn't support .ppt slideshows, but the server for that product would render the .ppt into a series of .jpgs so you got the same effect.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but it can't hurt to ask (again).
Tricking it to run a format is one thing. There is not "dvd navigator" written to run on the MVP. So until someone does, menu navigation on the MVP is impossible. Sage wrote what currently runs on the MVP. So because of this, the MVP with Sage does support Divx and other various formats thru transcoding. But in a previous post Sage had stated what was required (a DVD navigator) and at that time had no intention of writing one.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Yeah, I've thought of that, I'll probably put it into IVL* at some point, just not entirely sure the best way to do it.

*In my case it's my DVDs get cluttered with imported stuff I want other stuff out of my DVDs, not my DVDs out of my other stuff
Hi could you please let me know if it is possible to convert IVL files to WMV or similar.

Many thanks in advance
Old 11-02-2007, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

IVL isn't a file format, it's an acronym for an STV/STVi that I had worked on at one point in time.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post

Gerry
I hope the upcoming HD extender supports this, because DVD navigation would be required for most of us to retire our HTPC. Otherwise, it will just sit in parallel with our HTPC's.

(HTPC defined as the PC connected to TV, not the Sage Server, which could be a different box).

-Robert
Old 11-08-2007, 08:48 AM
SageTVaholic

I think that's changed since 2006, I'm pretty sure the MVP supports DVD navigation.