SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 12-02-2004, 09:06 AM
Sage Expert

Thumbs up Working so far!

OK, done a little testing with the 2.2.1 release. So far there has been no real problems, which is always good.

I have tried the new SageTV decoders for the video. These seem to work ok'ish. They are better than some decoders, but not as good as others. It would be nice to get some details about the new decoders and maybe a control pannel for them.

My decoder rating is now:
Dscaler5 (V. Good PQ, No frame drops)
nVidia (I get frame drops but the PQ is great. I Would use if I could)
WinDVD6 (again good PQ, a little too blurry on pans)
SageTV (very close the the WinDVD decoder for PQ, but still blurry on pans)

I am really impressed that Sage are trying out some of their own video decoders. I think that it would be great if they could come up with something of their own that looks good, rather than us relying on 3rd party decoders. This just brings the whole Sage product closer to something that 'normal' people can use and not just us 'geeks'
Old 12-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Sage Icon

ukmgranger, has the "too loud and distorted sound" issue been resolved?
Haven't had the time to install 2.2.1 yet.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just installed V2.2.1 it it looks ok. I installed over the previous version and the tuning works ok. Anyway, I have the impression that the picture quality is not as good as with the Hauppauge decoder.
I use overlay (VMR does not work fine on my secondary display).
Old 12-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas
ukmgranger, has the "too loud and distorted sound" issue been resolved?
Haven't had the time to install 2.2.1 yet.
I have just had a listen to Channel4 using my freeview i/p and my aeriel i.p. They both seem to be about the same in volume. I have to say that I never really had a problem with the whole distorting thing. At one point a while back (when the first 2.1 beta's came out) my volume did go up on my freeview i/p, but it seems to have resolved itself along the way.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
SageTV (very close the the WinDVD decoder for PQ, but still blurry on pans)
If you disable deinterlacing (HKLM\Soft...\Frey..\SageTV\Common\MpegDec\Deinterlace = 0) with ffdshow (videoframe/video_postprocessing_fitler=ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder) and MoComp2 it looks quite good. I don't think it's quite nVDVD+6800 but, good.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

With 2.2 I still get the minute or so freezes that several people have been experiencing with 2.1. If anything it's worse.

peace . . .
Old 12-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
I am using the new Nvidia DVD decoder.
Cant find a version number for it but it is a notch below v2.55 and less CPU intensive.
I recommend it to those who wanted to use 2.55! FYI You must uninstall 2.55 first if you have it. Definitely the ONLY encoder at this point. Sonic is second but it is no where as smooth as Nvidia
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 12-02-2004, 07:09 PM
Sage

Will someone who's having freezing or sluggishness please submit a bug report? There has not been one bug report submitted in that area yet. We can't reproduce that problem on this end so we need some data to resolve it...and we'd very much like to!
Old 12-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Fair enough Done and done.

There is also some discussion of it in the Cayars thread starting with this post and again a few days later on the 14th and then again today.

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...&postcount=482

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Will someone who's having freezing or sluggishness please submit a bug report? There has not been one bug report submitted in that area yet. We can't reproduce that problem on this end so we need some data to resolve it...and we'd very much like to!