SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-30-2004, 04:36 PM
Sage Expert

Tearing my hair out! PVR-250 no error but nothing happening.

I was using SageTV with a prolink playtv@7000. The video was stuttering a bit but I lived with it. I was pretty sure it was the card's fault as I threw it in a clean WinXP box and got the same stuttering problem with the PVR software that came with it.

I was in the US for Thanksgiving/business, so I picked up a PVR-250 from the Sage store. I gave it a try on my sister's computer to test it before I brought it halfway around the world. I was getting an error when giving it a try on my sister's box (which had a avermedia tuner card in it and was working fine). I posted about that somewhere here and it was a decoder error. So card works.

Now I am home, I put it in my HTPC and I get nothing. No sound, no video but Sage is giving me no errors . I removed and reinstalled the newest drivers for both the Prolink and PVR-250 (using the 250's clean app also takes out the Prolink drivers). Its correct that only one device gets added to device manager for the pvr-250, right? The prolink is working fine (well minus the slight stuttering) and is doing its thing. What does it mean when there is no video and sound but Sage and Windows thinks the pvr-250 is fine? Please help? Any ideas or anything would be appreciated. Its driving me mad .

Last edited by silkshadow; 11-30-2004 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

>>Now I am home, I put it in my HTPC and I get nothing. No sound, no video but Sage is giving me no errors <<

Did you go to Sage Setup Wizard and add the card as new source?
Old 12-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Sage Expert

Hehe, yup :thumbs:. Actually, to work on the new card, I deleted the original source after adding the PVR-250 so it became the default 'live tv' device. If I leave the original tuner in, Sage goes on about its business as if nothing is wrong, eventhough theres no sound or picture .
Old 12-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Sage User

Maybe you need the "dll" file

Have you tried the Hauppage software for the card? If the Hauppage software (WinTV2000) was not in the box with the card, it is available for download from Hauppage's web site. Are you using Sage 2.1?

If the Hauppage software works, but Sage 2.1 doesn't you may need the dll file that's in a message (a "sticky") at the top of the SageTV Software forum that has the dll file attached. Sage 2.1 seems to have compatibility problems with some Hauppage tuners that are fixed by the dll file.

If neither software works, you may need to get the latest version of the driver for the 250. I would go to the Hauppage site, first try the release driver and then the beta would be the route I would try.

I hope this helps. I am making some somewhat educated guesses and may be way off base.

Good luck!

Kevin
Old 12-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkshadow
I was in the US for Thanksgiving/business, so I picked up a PVR-250 from the Sage store. I gave it a try on my sister's computer to test it before I brought it halfway around the world.
What country are you in? If you bought the card from the Sage Store, I'm pretty sure there would be an NTSC-only tuner on the card. Could you be sticking a PAL signal in there?
Old 12-02-2004, 05:04 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the replies! Yeah its NTSC here (in the Philippines). My box (server 2003) is having some trouble with the intervideo decoders (BSOD) so I wasn't able to give Wintv a good try. I just got a mail from Happapauge support (who is pretty awsome BTW) and they told me my card is most likely dead. They said the error I got was Sage specific and didn't mean the card was working (I should've been more thorough in the US :smack. Thankfully, my sister will be visiting me here for Christmas. Before I go through all that trouble, I'm gonna put the card in another computer this weekend and make sure its dead. If it is, I hope the Sage store is forgiving on exchanges . Thanks again for the help!