SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-30-2004, 12:14 AM
Sage User

PVR-350 and OSD

Specs First
AMD 1600+
768MB Ram
80gig Seagate
200gig Western Digital (Main PVR Drive)
PVR 350 Card
Gig NIC (RealTek ChipSet)
ECSK75SA Motherboard
USB-UIRT
Windows XP SP2
Sage 2.1
Oct 18. 2004 PVR 350 Card Drivers

First of all works well for my initial setup, only one odd thing. When I put Sage to sleep, to get any type of display for the OSD back on my tv set I have to VNC into my box, go watch live tv, then the OSD kicks in for everything. So, somewhat minor gripe since its pretty easy for me to use my ibook on my wireless connection to get the OSD to work, but does anyone else have this problem.

Also, just wondering, can I leav Sage running all the time, and if so, how much space will it each up while just recording channels I am not watching before deleting and looping the space?

Thanks in advance.

Joe
Old 11-30-2004, 03:29 AM
SageTVaholic

just hit stop and SAgeTV stops showing liveTV or recording something that is not a favorite or manual recording
also you can try the Screensaver on sleep command
Old 11-30-2004, 05:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi insurrection

I dont know if this will do it for you, but I seem to recall goinjg through this myself.
I have a PVR-350 and I think Im doing the same thing you are for the most part.

Try opening up WinTV 2000 that came with your hauppage card, and select menu, video-out, and uncheck "playlocal". Make sure the other entry, "On" is checked.

This will combine with the sage settings around OSD and PVR-350 video out take proper effect. If you have both turned on, it seems to me that your output gets messed up and is poorer PQ.

Don't ask me why WinTV settings affect Sage, and stay at whatever you set them to.

Note that if you run WinTV again, it turns on the "playlocal" ON .. you do not want this, so once you set that settings, don't run WinTV anymore if you can avoid it.
Or, change that setting every time.

You may have to stop your sage services before you do this.

Hope this helps.

Cory
Old 11-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Sage User

WinTV2K registry settings

Here a zip file containing 4 WinTV2K registry edit scripts.

WinTV2K Registry Scripts
LivePreviewOff.reg
LivePreviewOn.reg
TurnOff PlayLocal.reg
TurnOn PlayLocal.reg
The scripts will set the registry settings for WinTV2K so that LivePreview or PlayLocal are always on or off, they will not reset each time you start WinTV2K.

Good links for Hauppauge PVR 250 & 350 tips are Amontillado Site and SHSPVR Site

Last edited by buck1952; 11-30-2004 at 10:37 AM. Reason: more information
Old 11-30-2004, 11:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insurrection
First of all works well for my initial setup, only one odd thing. When I put Sage to sleep, to get any type of display for the OSD back on my tv set I have to VNC into my box, go watch live tv, then the OSD kicks in for everything.
Does the 350 display color bars when you put it to sleep? I used to have this problem until about a month or two ago with a 2.1 beta. To be honest, I have no idea what fixed it. Try running hwclear.exe (or something, can't remember exactly) from the hauppauge site, then reinstalling the newest drivers, then toggle all the 350 related settings in detailed setup for sage.

If it won't give you a sage screen saver when sleeping, it isn't working correctly. Do you have live preview on? I have mine set to video background so that when it wakes up it automatically starts playing a video file. This might be the trick.

Otherwise, you might try mapping a remote button to 'live tv' and save yourself a VNC session.

If still no luck, let me know, I'll take another look at my setup. Our systems are the same minus a different AMD mb, and I'm using W2k. Though those shouldn't effect this problem.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:58 PM
Sage User

Crashless:

Yup, when I put Sage to sleep I do get the test pattern/colored bars, but until I VNC in, and go to watch live tv and actually get a channel to watch nothing will display. Also, notice that if I let a recorded show go right to the end with out going to the menu Sage will crash horribly (I wish windows had kill -9 <process> hehe)

I'll try out the recomendations for WinTV (which isn't installed at all, just the drivers for the card are on there)

I enjoy Sage, but I guess there is alot of tweaking to do, I kinda regret getting the PVR-350 card instead of the 250 with the video card with tv-out.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:24 PM
Sage User

PS

What do you guys do about the heat issues with the PVR-350 w/ OSD

I've had a couple lock ups and a complete reboot in the 4 days i've been running sage this way.

This is with 3 extra fans and a card cooler added.