SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-24-2004, 02:41 AM
Sage User

Question Help: HE Remote (exetunerplugin) and SageTV v2.1

Hello, I'm new to SageTV and have been building this system from scratch; learning a lot as I go.

My config (relevant info):
Hauppague PVR-350 and PVR 150.
350 - cable w/o cable box
150 - cable w/ box

Prob Descript: SageTV not changing channels on cable box.

Soln I'd like to use: HE remote w/ Actisys IR200L

My problem is very similar to thread #1523 where Beelzebub was having trouble getting the executable within the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sage\EXETunerPlugin\command] registry value to work after selecting channel. But this problem seemed to be specific to v1.4.
nb1: command is set to C:\PROGRA~1\HEREMO~1\HERemoteHelper.exe Cable -channel# %CHANNEL%
nb2: I've also created this key in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\EXETunerPlugin]

Here's what I'm trying to do: I have an Actisys IR-200L of which SageTV will not recognize. When I attempt to select the COM1 port for the Actisys nothing happens; note: there's only 1 COM in my PC. (I did try all the other COM ports 2-4, to no avail) So after some more reading I've downloaded the HE Remote software which worked fine with my cable box! Now I'm trying to integrate the HE remote with SageTV. I have executed the HE remote Tuner.dll wizard and it has successfully installed the EXETunerPlugin.dll to the common dir and created the command registry key (above). I have removed the 150 source, readded the source with a different EPG, as explained in another thread to address the multi-tuner issue, and selected the EXE Tuner Plugin. When reviewing the source info the Tuner Control shows StubDevice with nothing listed for the remote control settings. This problem similar to thread #4087, but this states that I need an .ir file of which I don't have. Is this something that the HE remote app can generate? Do I need this?

Well, I've been at this for 7 hrs now, going to take a break and get some shuteye. Hope someone can give me some direction/advice or help.

TIA
Old 11-24-2004, 10:05 AM
Sage User

Just to simplify a bit: I'm trying to get the EXETunerPlugin to work on one of my tuners.

* EXETunerPlugin.EXE installed in c:\program files\Frey Technologies\Common
* command value installed in Registry at [HKLM\SOFTWARE\SAGE\EXETunerPlugin Key
* command=C:\PROGRA~1\HEREMO~1\HERemoteHelper.exe Cable -channel# %CHANNEL%
* HE Remote installed in C:\Program Files\HE Remote

: Tested command line to change tuner - works perfectly
: In source config for tuner have StubDevice select with no settings, same prob as Roll's (Thrd ID#4087), resolution did not work for me.

Relevant Vitals: SageTV v2.1.10, PVR-350, PVR-150, HE Remote v.2.0.10

Any help for this challenge would be extremely grateful!

Thanks
Old 11-24-2004, 08:30 PM
Sage User

Well, might as well keep this monologue going; problem resolved. After much trepidation, I finally decided to wipe out the SageTV and reinstall from scratch; it worked! Although I would have like to have figured out why the EXETunerPlugin didn't work, at least I can move on. Everything works as advertised, a beautiful thing! I have even wrote a wrapper for the HE Remote to throw my tuner some additional codes depending on the channel selected, pretty cool! I was even able to restore my previous recordings and all of my scheduled recordings, the transplant of my old wiz.bin integrated without any issues; but did observe very slow initialization of the SageTV after the wiz.bin transplantation. I was able to determine that the application was reload all of my previous recordings; cool! Now all I have left to do is reinstall the STVs (gotta have the comskip!) and get the new WebServer installed, then I can sit back enjoy the system for awhile.

Thanks for all of the info posted in the forum, especially all of the guys who put in all of the tremendous effort to put this product into the upper stratosphere!!!!