SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-24-2004, 01:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

digital cable STB and cabling with haup 350

Hi everyone

I got my PVR-350, using the TV-out on the card pretty much exclusively (I don't play back anything locally on my monitor, and I like the performance of just having everything happen on the card). I've just bought Sage, and got pretty much everything working the way I want it to for regular cable.

My question is, how are people cabling their digital cable STB?

For example, I have a DCT 2224. I want to use the built in tuner on my 350 as much as possible, so that the STB is not used unless needed (I've seen messages on other forums here that suggest you can do this by using two different channel setups). This way, I can use my TV and STB normally as much as possible, and Sage will only tie up my STB when necessary.

My question is, how do I cable this and are people doing the same thing, or are they dedicating their STB and not trying to do the "two sources" thing that I am talking about. My DCT 2224 has coax in/outs (a few of them .. Im not 100% sure if RF bypass comes into this) plus it has composite or component (Im not sure what the difference is with those two) -- audio R, audio L and video out. I guess I buy a cable that has SDTV on one end and the three-connectors on the other. I dont know if SDTV has audio, maybe I have to use line in? I'm really confused, sorry about my ignorance I really have tried to research a lot of this. Can anyone help?? ??? I just ordered a USB UIRT so I can have sage change the channels, and my TV only has coax and the 3 composite(?) inputs which Im using right now so that the STB goes to the coax, and the PVR tv-out goes to the composite connectors.

Thanks for any help you guys can give!!