SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

New Hauppauge Remote mapping confusion

I was using a usb-uirt and an old Happauge remote, and it worked well, but now I got in my 45 button new Happauge remote. I tried to map the buttons in Sage, but it's acting strange, like "previous channel" brings me to a recording screen and freezes the video in the window. I read all of the posts regarding the new remote, but most (if not all) deal with the new remote and the standard IR receiver, where you can drop the new irremote.ini into the Win folder and be happy. It appears to me that the mappings of the usb-uirt are stored in sage.properties. Does anyone have a working list of mappings that I could c&p into my existing properties file? Or do I have this whole thing wrong in my mind?
Thanks in advance,
Rob
Old 11-23-2004, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Are you using Girder or using the USB-UIRT directly with SageTV? Either way, you would have to decide which commands to assign for each button & then teach that button to Girder or SageTV. Note that each button emits 2 signals, so you have to teach each one twice, w/o pressing any other button in between.

If you've done all this & are using it directly with SageTV... go to Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Show Command. What does it report when you press the Previous Channel button?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the reply. I'm not using Girder, and I have "taught" Sage the remote codes twice for each button. The "Show Command" for previous channel is correct, seems to work in Live TV, but nowhere else. I think my biggest problem could be solved by studying your jpeg of the new remote and re-mapping all the commands to the correct buttons.
Rob
Old 11-23-2004, 06:53 PM
Administrator

I wouldn't call my jpg's layout the "correct" one -- I just set something up that seemed like a decent layout. You can pretty much define the buttons any way you want. Double check the Previous Channel IR assignments -- maybe only 1 button got learned correctly. Prev Chan should just switch between the last 2 media files that were played. If there was no other media file being played, then it won't switch to anything. I'm not sure why it would jump to some other screen instead if there are no incorrect button IR assignments.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Maybe I should delete the properties file (after backing it up) and start over. I have a whole lot of numbers in the "ui/rc_mappings" section because I tried to install several remotes, but didn't like them. I tried a Tivo remote, an ATI RF remote, a real nice Sharp universal remote, and now the new Happauge.
Rob
Old 11-23-2004, 09:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

robk- i have that new hauppauge remote and have mapped all the commands to a girder file that uses sendmessage to control sage. stranger89 i think entered all the sendmsg commands into a girder file and i just mapped all the new hauppauge keys. pm me if you want my gml if it'd help-
Old 11-23-2004, 10:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

mostly-
I kinda wanted to avoid girder, makes things complicated. I appreciate the offer, but I'd prefer a Sage solution. My setup is just for watching CNN during the day and a movie or two in the evening in my office using DishNetwork as an SVIDEO feed. All I really use in Sage is pause and replay. But, I find Sage gives me an *almost perfect* display on a 17" flat panel LCD, which I couldn't achieve with other PVR software. So, the remote buttons aren't really that important, I just wanted to try to get them to work properly.
Rob
P.S. Once I get this Sage thing down, I'll probably run it on a few other computers in the house. I bought a client license and have been playing with it, has great potential!
Old 06-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Sage User

I had this problem when first setting up Sage. Attached is my irremote.ini file and a picture of the layout. Put the ini file in your windows dir.

At the very bottom of the ini file are the commands for the new 45 button Happauge remote. You can change and tweak these to your liking.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 45button_remote.zip (209.1 KB, 320 views)
Old 06-10-2005, 02:52 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by motions
I had this problem when first setting up Sage. Attached is my irremote.ini file and a picture of the layout. Put the ini file in your windows dir.

At the very bottom of the ini file are the commands for the new 45 button Happauge remote. You can change and tweak these to your liking.
Thank you ever so much for that config file.
I was having mega headaches with that remote.
I thought some of the buttons weren't working at all until I saw this thread.