SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Sage Expert

whats the default password for the windows installer? i installed the webserver, but didnt change the default password.... =)
2x HDHR, all OTA
QNAP TS-809:
12.5 TB for Recordings/Imports/TimeMachine/Music
HD200 via 802.11n in Living Room
802.11n client in bedroom

Last edited by sandor; 02-14-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Views ok on local network, but not outside?

Ok, so I'm trying to use the web interface and it works just fine on my local network. My WM6 device loads it just fine over wifi, but if I use my gprs service, it can't connect to the server. I've used my internet ip address, and it works perfectly fine over the lan, but not outside of it. The port is forwarded in the router. Any other thoughts? There's no firewall on the machine, and I even added the right port to windows firewall (even though it's disabled). But having no such luck.

-Todd

<- 2 Wireless MVP's (Running Wired Mode) -> <- 1 Wired MVP ->
Old 02-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

I seem to be having some problems with SSL.

I created the .keystore with the commands on the wiki, and then set nielm/webserver/use_ssl=true and nielm/webserver/port=8443

However, when I use the https address it can't find anything, but I can stll use the http address and login to the webserver and use it like normal. It is like the use_ssl=true line is being ignored.

I have the latest version of both Sage and the Web Server add-on.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is it possible to integrate an iPhone version of the Web User Interface? I LOVE to use my iPhone on the road to schedule a recording via the Web User-face, however, it's a bit hard to navigate on the iPhone.

Something along the lines of the facebook iPhone application would be AWESOME! ;-)
Old 02-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Sage User

webserver feature requests

Nielm,
the webserver is phenomenal!
two feature requests:
1. the ability to exclude a category when searching (e.g. excluding adult only).
2. when searching for upcoming movies, the ability to exclude movies already recorded by sage (to avoid re-recording).
3. when searching for upcoming movies, listing of the star rating of a movie next to the name.
thanks,
sageAfficianado
Old 02-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, so I got my router fixed (it was on dmz, who knew *g*). But IE and Opera have no luck displaying correctly on my HTC TyTN II (Aka ATT Tilt). NetFront displays the main page right, but every time I try to use the "search" pages (search EPG or Search Imported Videos), I get Parameter Incorrect errors. IE and Opera won't actually display the names of the found programs right (shows like 1 or 2 letters of the title and that's it). Can anyone please help?

-Todd

Old 02-25-2008, 05:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Feature request - :+)

Hi,

Would it be possible for the Webserver to indicate what SageTV version is running? I've tried the 'about' menu option and also on the bottom status line it only tells the webserver version.

Reason: I always use the webserver + XBMC script and SageTV is 'only' the backend. This way it would be easier to keep track of how much I'm behind.

Jan
Old 02-26-2008, 03:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd3835 View Post
But IE and Opera have no luck displaying correctly on my HTC TyTN II (Aka ATT Tilt).
Displays fine (except for the obvious space considerations!) on my HTC Touch Cruise with Opera, which is close enough to the Tytn2 to make no difference. In what way doesn't Opera work for you?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 02-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

I was just wondering if you were looking into multi-channel favourites.

They were added in 6.3.8 and since then if I add a new one from the web server and tell it to record from one particular channel, it shows up in the favourites list but the programmes don't get scheduled to record.

I have to remote desktop to the server itself and add it from within sage.

It still works fine for favourites that are set up to record from any channel.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I was just wondering if you were looking into multi-channel favourites.

They were added in 6.3.8 and since then if I add a new one from the web server and tell it to record from one particular channel, it shows up in the favourites list but the programmes don't get scheduled to record.

I have to remote desktop to the server itself and add it from within sage.

It still works fine for favourites that are set up to record from any channel.
Same problem here... Added a favorite but it did not get scheduled.

darc87
Old 03-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a way to have Movies grouped as a group, rather than shown individually in the recordings list?
Old 03-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
Displays fine (except for the obvious space considerations!) on my HTC Touch Cruise with Opera, which is close enough to the Tytn2 to make no difference. In what way doesn't Opera work for you?
Wow, I just love how the forum emails my "instant notification" lol. I got one today.....

Ok, so using Opera, the title of the show that is a match when searching, only shows the first 1 or 2 letters. I've posted a screenshot. This happens in Landscape or Portrait modes. Anyone have any ideas? Or are there any other browsers out there to try?

-Todd
Attached Images
File Type: bmp snap001.bmp (150.1 KB, 328 views)
File Type: bmp snap002.bmp (150.1 KB, 304 views)

Old 03-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

New format for EPG data on new shows

Nielm,

A quick update to your next version if/when you have time.

New shows are listing at a 14 character long string instead of the original 12 digit one. They are preserving the original strings for shows that already exist.

Ep #66 of The Batman shows as "EP6842790066"
Ep #01 of Spectacular Spider-Man shows as "EP010323830001"

Currently, the webserver displays the full substring, starting at the 9th character, supporting the old style string. The new shows display an extra two characters as part of the episode string. If possible, on the webserver display, could you adapt the substring function to use the right four characters of the string, so that the episode display length is consistant?

Thanks in advance, Nielm!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Sage Expert

Hi nielm - I've been using this plugin for 6+ months and absolutely love it. Any update as to when we can expect the next version of this to be released and maybe what features/bugs you're working on?

It looks like past couple pages of threads have some great recommendations on improvements that could be made and just wanted to see where things stand. I am very interested in making the plugin more mobile friendly so that I can view it better via my blackberry browser or opera mobile.

I'm also happy to help test any alpha/beta versions you may have if you need that help
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 03-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Nielm, is the java code for this plugin available somewhere? I have a copy of an older version, and I'd like to learn from some of the newer stuff. I couldn't find a link to it on the wiki page. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by beelzerob View Post
Nielm, is the java code for this plugin available somewhere? I have a copy of an older version, and I'd like to learn from some of the newer stuff. I couldn't find a link to it on the wiki page. Thanks!
The source code is available on sourceforge.net. http://sourceforge.net/projects/sageplugins
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:41 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
The source code is available on sourceforge.net. http://sourceforge.net/projects/sageplugins
Thanks for this... I've always been interested in how this works. What development IDE or build tools are used for this? I wanted to modify a file or two and test it out and wasn't sure how to build it like nielm does. Based on the makefile, it looks like the building is done in Linux but not sure.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 03-13-2008, 07:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
Thanks for this... I've always been interested in how this works. What development IDE or build tools are used for this? I wanted to modify a file or two and test it out and wasn't sure how to build it like nielm does. Based on the makefile, it looks like the building is done in Linux but not sure.
Eclipse is used as the IDE. Create a new project in Eclipse and choose the option to create it from CVS. On the Sourceforge project page there is a CVS Repository link that has instructions on how to connect to their server. Underneath the sageplugins project, the web server code is in the 'webserver' folder.

Nielm builds the project under cygwin. I created a deploy.xml Ant file in the project when I used to use the Sage client to run the web server locally. I can't do that anymore since I switched to Linux, so I use the project export function to create a jar for the java classes, then copy that and the html, images, etc to the server. I can get into more specifics if you need them.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Nielm builds the project under cygwin. I created a deploy.xml Ant file in the project when I used to use the Sage client to run the web server locally. I can't do that anymore since I switched to Linux, so I use the project export function to create a jar for the java classes, then copy that and the html, images, etc to the server. I can get into more specifics if you need them.
Thanks for the info on how to pull the webserver source code into Eclipse. I have that part working great. I don't have much experience with cygwin... how do you use the deploy.xml in cygwin to deploy to the Sage client (I'd also like to test using my client)? Also, there is a way to use the eclipse debugger to walk through the code step by step? I'd like to make a couple modifications and test them in a web browser by walking through some of the code step by step.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Excellent, thanks!

Personally, I use NetBeans for my IDE, and I love it.

Tags
web