SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Sage User

Yup, that was the problem, it had changed from 108 to 101. I am assuming it is because i added a device to my network, cuz it's the first time it has happened in like 6 months. Thanks for stating the obvious problem I couldn't find, lol.

Sent from my iPad.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podmodder View Post
It works with an internal ip address but not an external one. I know it has changed several times after power outages, reboots, etc. and I always change it accordingly. Are you asking if the internal ip address of my server has changed? That I haven't checked yet, but I will do so right away.

Sent from my iPad.
Sign up with DynDNS.com. It's free and it will save you a lot of headaches if your IP address changes frequently. Most routers have a section where they can automatically update DynDNS periodically for you if your IP address changes and to prevent you from getting the "your service is about to expire" messages due to your IP not changing.

If your router doesn't support auto updating of DynDNS then you can get a utility that runs on your computer that does it for you.

Basically you'll get to choose a hostname. Something like "yourname.dyndns.org". And then it's up to you to keep it updated somehow.

No remembering of IP addresses. I signed up years ago and haven't looked back since.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Sage Icon

thanks for mentioning that Taddeusz. I forgot to talk about that. There are a couple of dymanicDNS sites out there like dynDNS.com. no-ip.com is another one.

I have my own domain and I use Zoneedit.com to resolve DNS requests for it. I use DirectUpdate to update zoneedit with the correct IP address. And with zoneedit, I can set up URL re-directs (I asume that dynDNS and no-ip can do the same, maybe not with the free versions though) so that I can type in sage.mydomain.com and it'll automatically redirect to home.mydomain.com:8080/sage/home. that way I dont' have to type in the :8080/sage/home stuff.

Zoneedit is free for up to 5 domains and DirectUpdate was a one time $25 charge.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Sage Icon

Sage also recently set up a redirect based on your locator id that you can use to get to your home server. See Jeff's announcement.

EDIT: Fixed link.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Last edited by jreichen; 06-12-2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Fixed link
Old 06-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Sage Icon

can you check that link, no good for me.

edit: I think this is it, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48158

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Legend Marker Icons?

Is there a legend/index for the marker icons and what they mean?

The SAGETV Setup / Help / Interface guide only has a small subset, and the User Manual doesn't have the icons that I see either.

Last edited by BKeadle; 06-13-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Cancel Recording

In the Upcoming Recordings page, I select a show(s), choose to Cancel the recording, then on the confirmation page I select the "Perform command" radio button then press the Submit button. This does not appear to cancel the shows, they continue to show in the Upcoming Recordings, even after a referesh. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 06-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKeadle View Post
Is there a legend/index for the marker icons and what they mean?

The SAGETV Setup / Help / Interface guide only has a small subset, and the User Manual doesn't have the icons that I see either.
Not that I'm aware of.

Quote:
In the Upcoming Recordings page, I select a show(s), choose to Cancel the recording, then on the confirmation page I select the "Perform command" radio button then press the Submit button. This does not appear to cancel the shows, they continue to show in the Upcoming Recordings, even after a referesh. Am I doing something wrong?
It only works on manual recordings and I just verified it works for me, are you trying it on a favorite?
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

A) How then should I know what the icons mean?

B) Yes, I'm trying to cancel a Favorite recording that is getting in the way of a manual recording.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
A) How then should I know what the icons mean?
Red Circle with A = Favorite (Record All, First Runs and Reruns)
Red Circle with 1 = Favorite (Record First Runs Only)
Red Circle with R = Favorite (Record Reruns Only)
Plain Red Circle = Manual Recording
Square with 1 = First run episode
Square with HD = Hi-Def
Square with W = Watched
Square with A = Archived

Any others, just right click the image in the browser and select Properties, then look at the name of the image. It should be fairly easy to figure out by looking at the name of the image.

Quote:
B) Yes, I'm trying to cancel a Favorite recording that is getting in the way of a manual recording.
I thought manual recordings automatically override favorites? If you schedule a manual recording that conflicts with a favorite, the manual recording will take priority over any favorites, and SageTV will show the Conflit warning in the header area of the SageTV screen. I don't think you can override a manual recording by conflict resolution without it canceling the recording, so as long as the recording is scheduled it will take priority over any favorites. If you don't care about the favorites that will be missed, then you can ignore those conflict warnings and it will record the manual recording instead of any scheduled conflicting favorites. On a side note... you can cancel a scheduled favorite recording by marking the offending episode as Watched. The downside is that it means that episode won't get rescheduled to record in the future unless you go back after the manual recording is done and clear the Watched flag on that episode.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 06-15-2010, 05:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Excellent, thank you Robogeek! The right-click on image, get image name is a good idea - I should have thought of that!

As for the cancel: true, manual would override Favorite as you say. However, from my wife's perspective, it's a "broken" function and confuses her. She's "the keeper" of the recording of the World Cup, and when viewing the upcoming recordings, and see's a Frasier recording, and she goes to cancel the recording, yet it still shows up as an upcoming recording ... you see the problem?
Old 06-16-2010, 06:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
As for the cancel: true, manual would override Favorite as you say. However, from my wife's perspective, it's a "broken" function and confuses her. She's "the keeper" of the recording of the World Cup, and when viewing the upcoming recordings, and see's a Frasier recording, and she goes to cancel the recording, yet it still shows up as an upcoming recording ... you see the problem?
The cancel recording option is meant for manual recordings. There's no way to cancel an individual favorite recording. Like robogeek said, you can mark as watched (or don't like) but that affects all airings of that show. I could change the text to "Cancel Manual Recording" to make it clearer.
, Java 1.6.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for your reply. Just one of those things you gotta know I guess. Yeah, "Cancel manual recording" might make it more clear. However, If a manual recording overrides a favorite, and you view upcoming recordings, why should the favorite, which won't be recorded, show up in the upcoming recordings? Might there be a way to fix *that*?
Old 06-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Sage Icon

At the risk of stating the obvious, if you have multiple tuners then both shows could be recorded at the same time. If that's not the case then it could be a bug in the Sage core because the web interface retrieves the list from a Sage API. Check the recording schedule through a placeshifter/client/extender and see if the favorite also shows up there.
, Java 1.6.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sometime you need to state the obvious.

I hadn't even considered that (duh) and at the moment, don't recall whether there was a schedule conflict or not. Yes, I have multiple tuners and it might be that the Upcoming recordings insisted to record the favorite because it knew it could? I'll have to pay closer attention next time.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

In my Sage Recordings view, I have 7 pages of listed recordings. However, not all the shows are grouped together. I'll have several shows that have multiple instances like this:
Monk - 4 shows 8.06GB
Seinfeld - 5 shows 5.26GB
<a different page>
Seinfeld - 17 shows 10.00GB
Monk - 3 shows 6.05GB
<a different page>
Monk - 11 shows 22.17GB
Seinfeld - 15 shows 0.00MB
etc.

Why don't these shows only have one folder, with all the shows underneath? The SageMC Client shows them all grouped properly. I've tried initiating a "Rescan Media Library" from the web interface, but that didn't seem to change anything.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
In my Sage Recordings view, I have 7 pages of listed recordings. However, not all the shows are grouped together. I'll have several shows that have multiple instances like this:
Monk - 4 shows 8.06GB
Seinfeld - 5 shows 5.26GB
<a different page>
Seinfeld - 17 shows 10.00GB
Monk - 3 shows 6.05GB
<a different page>
Monk - 11 shows 22.17GB
Seinfeld - 15 shows 0.00MB
etc.

Why don't these shows only have one folder, with all the shows underneath? The SageMC Client shows them all grouped properly. I've tried initiating a "Rescan Media Library" from the web interface, but that didn't seem to change anything.
I've noticed this too. I'm pretty sure it's because the listings are grouped on the client side and aren't sent there in any particular order. If you would set the items per page to "All", you'd see them grouped as you expect.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Indeed! Thank you so much. I prefer that anyway and couldn't find that setting originally.

Last edited by BKeadle; 07-09-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

trying to use Import XML getting exceptions on SageTV 7 with WebServer on Jetty

Hello,

I've been converting media with mediashrink and before SageTV 7 beta I lost very little airing info after the conversion ...

I'm trying to import the XML files generated by Nielm's XML generator, modified with the updated filename ...

I did this in SageTV 6 without troubles ...

The error I'm getting everytime I try today is :

Code:
Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.XmlImporterServlet.importXml(XmlImporterServlet.java:392)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.XmlImporterServlet.doServletGet(XmlImporterServlet.java:63)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:86)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doPost(SageServlet.java:110)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:879)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:747)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
Thanks for your time,
Bobby
SageTV Server: Windows 7 64Bit, Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3), ATI Radeon HD 4290, 2 x KHX1600C9D3/4GX, 4 x HD-PVR2 Gaming, , 4 x 320GB recording drives, 2 x USB-UIRT, SageTV Server Beta
SageTV Client & 2 x HD-300 Extender.
40.8TB unRaid 6.6.5 media server
Old 07-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Sage Icon

It looks like you're entering a value in the directory text box that is not a valid directory. If you're entering a directory name it must be a valid directory on the server. If you're entering a filename, enter it into the "Upload any Sage XML files here" text box.
, Java 1.6.

Tags
web