SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-08-2003, 07:23 PM
Sage User

Sleep with PVR 250 Remote?

Hi folks... Is there any way to WAKE up SAGE tV with the PVR 250 remote.. ? I can sleep it..and the other stuff... But I cannot wake it up..

Any ideas..?

Thanks!

Rob
Old 06-09-2003, 02:53 AM
Sage User

If you go to the windows directory and open the irremote.ini file. Now find [default] change or add the line GRNPOWER={run(WakeupSage.exe)} Finally save it and go to the huappuage listing in the start menu and run restart IR. This should wake SageTV.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:07 PM
Sage User

hhmmm

Ok. I just went to the bottom of the INI file and anses the GRNPOWER line but no go... Am I supposed to be in a specific place in the INI file?

Thanks for your time...

Rob
Old 06-09-2003, 05:12 PM
Sage User

Near the top is a group that starts with [default] make the changes there.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:30 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by mandrake
If you go to the windows directory and open the irremote.ini file. Now find [default] change or add the line GRNPOWER={run(WakeupSage.exe)} Finally save it and go to the huappuage listing in the start menu and run restart IR. This should wake SageTV.
Tried this, works great, except I get a message that says it can't find the application. I did a search and there is no "WakeupSage.exe" on my system. I also tried to see if there where any command line arguments for SageTV.exe.. Didn't see any and when I run SageTV.exe it tells me I already have it running and look in the task bar...

CLIENT
AMD 64 3500, 512 MB Ram, XP Pro, ATI X300 Onboard Video, nVidia PureVideo Decoder, SPDIF Optical Out to Kenwood DTS
Old 06-09-2003, 07:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

you can add the " -awake" command line argument to wake SageTV from sleep. Not sure how to bind this command to your remote control directly. I use Girder.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

When I saw the title of this posting I thought you were talking about a very strange fetish.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:11 PM
Sage User

Talking

heh nice one!
Old 06-11-2003, 05:41 PM
Sage User

I get the Cannot Find WAKESAGE.exe error also... any clue?

THANKS!!
Old 06-11-2003, 06:30 PM
Sage User

My mistake I am still using an old option try SageTV.exe -awake so the line in irremote would look like GRNPOWER={run(SageTV.exe -awake )}
Old 06-12-2003, 08:36 AM
Sage Icon

And make sure the '-awake' parameter is LOWER case, won't work otherwise (at least didn't for me).

Jason

Quote:
Originally posted by mandrake
My mistake I am still using an old option try SageTV.exe -awake so the line in irremote would look like GRNPOWER={run(SageTV.exe -awake )}
Old 06-12-2003, 09:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

And then, how does this affect turning OFF sage using the power button too?
Old 06-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Sage User

If I understand it right, the way the IRREMOTE.INI file works, the awake function that's been discussed is in the default section. The default buttons are overridden by the SageTV settings when SageTV has the focus.

That being said, I have tried all this and still can't get SageTV to reliably wake up. It usually only works the first time after I restart the Irremote app.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:49 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by notfromhere
If I understand it right, the way the IRREMOTE.INI file works, the awake function that's been discussed is in the default section. The default buttons are overridden by the SageTV settings when SageTV has the focus.

That being said, I have tried all this and still can't get SageTV to reliably wake up. It usually only works the first time after I restart the Irremote app.
I have noticed that when I put Sage to sleep using the remote, it does not return "focus" to the default. I have to click anywhere on the screen and then when I hit the green button sage comes alive. This is only bad for those of us that do not use the machine except for Sage. I am sure that there is a way around this, but I have not done much in the way of extensive testing.

CLIENT
AMD 64 3500, 512 MB Ram, XP Pro, ATI X300 Onboard Video, nVidia PureVideo Decoder, SPDIF Optical Out to Kenwood DTS
Old 06-14-2003, 09:37 AM
Sage Icon

Talking

Here is my answer to this. I'm using Win2k, so you can change things for other windows versions.

Set the [DEFAULT] command for the power button as stated above.
Then set the GRNPOWER=z in the SageTV or SageRecorder section to this = {run(c:\winnt\sage.vbs)}.

Go create the sage.vbs file in c:\winnt. Open notepad paste this in:

Dim ss
Dim starttime,waittime,currenttime
waittime = 4
Set ss = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
ss.SendKeys "z"
starttime = Timer()
currenttime = starttime
Do Until currenttime-starttime > waittime
'Do nothing
currenttime = Timer()
Loop
ss.SendKeys "^{ESC}"
waittime = 2
starttime = Timer()
currenttime = starttime
Do Until currenttime-starttime > waittime
'Do nothing
currenttime = Timer()
Loop
ss.SendKeys "{ESC}"
Set ss = nothing

And save in the c:\winnt folder as "sage.vbs". Keep the quotes otherwise notepad will put a .txt on the end and it won't work.

Now reload the remote program and press power, you should see sage, press again and it will disappear. Then the Startmenu shows up and closes within a second. You should be able to go back into Sage now. By doing this it takes the focus off of Sage so that the [default] is run again.

This is a crummy way of doing it, but I can't replicate a mouse click - or I don't know how to.

You may have to adjust the waittime variable depending on how slow/fast your computer is - it could cause the start menu to show and not disappear. It is in 1 second increments. The first wait is 4 seconds because it takes longer for the program to sleep when I'm watching a program rather than just being in the main menu.

Sleep does not work in the default Win2k installation of Windows Scripting Host (WSH), that's why there is a funky loop to take care of sleeping.

Last edited by KJake; 06-14-2003 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:39 PM

After poking around the forums here I found an alternative solution to the inability to wake reliably. Several posts hinted that the problem was in hauppauge irremote focus. Here's irremote.ini entries that seem to reliably sleep and wake with via remote:

In the [default] section:
GRNPOWER={run(C:\Progra~1\FreyTe~1\SageTV\SageTV.exe -awake)}{mode(SageTV)}

In the [SageTV] section:
GRNPOWER=z{mode(default)}

I believe the trick is to force the mode of the irremote software after waking or sleeping sagetv. Another post had the following link that documents the irremote software commands:

http://dschnabel.virtualave.net/irdocen.htm
Old 06-21-2003, 03:55 PM
Sage Icon

Sweet, I knew there was a better way of doing it :-) Works for me!
Old 06-24-2003, 06:59 PM
Sage User

ini file? Email

Can someone Email me thier working IRREMOTE.ini file. I have had no luck in getthing the power button to wake up sage..

Thanks!

rjpear@zoominternet.net
Old 07-17-2003, 07:44 AM
Sage User

I can't get this thing to work either. I tried all the suggestions and no go. Anyone come up with anything new?
Old 07-17-2003, 08:08 AM
Sage Icon

rjpear got his working after I emailed him my irremote.ini. Do you want me to email you mine? Post your email if so.