SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-11-2004, 12:29 PM
Sage User

Sage 2.1 does not unwrap divx mpg's from Convertx PX-TV402U

I am using the Convertx PX-TV402U in high quality theater mode. Sage 2.1 records well however the files remain in and avi wrapped in MPG. Sage is not automatically unwrapping.

How can I unwrap manually?

How can I get sage to unwrap
Old 11-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Administrator

You have to install the WinDVD Creator software on the Plextor CD before SageTV can automatically unwrap them after the recording is done.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:43 PM
Sage User

installed windvd creator-still need help

how can i manually convert the large number that were not previously converted. I using windvd but it says the file is not recognized.

Also it does not appear sage is converting even after the install. How long should it take after recording? When will Sage start?>
Old 11-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Administrator

I don't think you can do it manually, but I could be wrong. I'm not sure how soon afterwards SageTV starts the conversion process, but I had some recorded before the installation of WinDVD Creator that got converted after installing it & restarting SageTV.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Supposedly you can do it in graphedit, I posted my best guess in another thread.

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...9&postcount=19

Disclaimer, I have no idea if this actually works since I don't have a Plextor to test with, it's just my best guess.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Administrator

The downside would be that it would no longer be a SageTV recording. Well, the original mpg would be, but the new avi would not be. If SageTV does it, it will get rid of the mpg file & keep the avi in the list of recordings along with its associated show data.

BTW, I forgot to say: I had a couple partially processed avi files before installing WinDVD Creator -- I deleted those unfinished conversion jobs before restarting SageTV & it soon converted them completely.

- Andy
Old 11-12-2004, 07:51 AM
Sage User

Sage gets stuck unwrapping AVI encoded MPG

I am using th eplextor convertx. I have followed advise from others here and Sage now attempts to convert the MPG to an avi however it basically gets stuck about 70% through and just leaves a big TMP file behind.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Did you shut down SageTV, install the WinDVD Creator software, then restart SageTV? (I don't remember if the software install asked for a complete PC reboot.)

- Andy
Old 11-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Sage User

Yes...u even reinstalled both sage and windvd to further resolve. Neither worked. Any way I could get an error log or see why the tmp file gets stuck?
Old 11-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Administrator

That was pretty much the only solution that I'm aware of, since it solved the problem I was having. It is a fairly new product, so not too many people on the forum have a lot of experience with it. I think your best bet at this point would be to contact Frey's tech support (see the last line in my sig lines, below) to see if they have other suggestions.

- Andy