SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-09-2004, 08:50 AM
Sage User

Unable to cancel a Favorite using Cayar STV.

Last night, a Favorite was scheduled to record at 11:00 PM, but the football game was still on so I wanted to cancel the recording. Unlike in 2.0, it did not popup a window and ask me what to do. Instead it switched automatically and then when I stopped the recording and tried to switch back to the football game, it displayed a Sage error popup box. (Sorry I did not write down the error code I was panicked to see the game winning field goal). I had to go into Favorites Manager and completely remove the Favorite in order to change the channel back to the football game. This is while using Cayars E version STV.

Is there a way, and if so where, to configure it to popup the confirmation like I had in 2.0? Not sure if that was part of 2.0 base or mlbdude STV. Right now, it seems to be set to record the Favorite at all costs.

Thanks for any help.
CPU: P4/3.0EGHz 800M 478P/1MB HT CPU cooler: ZALMAN CNPS7000A-CU RAM: 512MB Corsair XMS Extreme DDR400 Video: Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600 256MB 128bit 8XAGP Tuner: Hauppage PVR-250MCE HD: Seagate 7200 200GB, Maxtor USB2 120GB Optical: STB: DishNetwork VIP211 TV: Sony WEGA KV-36FS100 (s-video) Apps: SageTV 4.0.0.56 w. Hotspot JVM 1.5.0_02,
Remote: MX-500 with USB-UIRT and Girder
Old 11-09-2004, 09:26 AM
Sage Fanatic

I think someone would need to verify if this happens with the OriginalV2.stv or not. It could be a bug in Sage v2.1 itself. If it doesn't happen with the OriginalV2.stv, then there is a problem in Cayars STV that would need to be fixed, but I'm thinking this may be an internal SageTV function.

I can't test to verify either way very easily because I have 4 tuners so it's really hard to get into a situation where that would actually happen on my system. Hopefully someone with only a single tuner setup can run a couple tests to narrow this down.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:53 AM
Sage Icon

Funny, I experienced something very similar last night when I stripped my machine down to one tuner to test out something I was going to work on (non STV related). At the time I was using a pretty much stock setup without any of the Cayars STV stuff on it, so it's not the Cayars STV at the cause of the problem.

I've also noticed a couple of other strange things in 2.1 that I haven't put a bug report in yet for. These are goofy parental error message that pop up as errors when the system never prompted me to enter my PIN code. Another is when going into Live TV from the guide on a one tuner system when the tuner is already in use. This also either gives an error code/message or just sort of hangs without doing anything.

The above things aren't STV related but core things that have changed in some form.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

Here's an easy way to reproduce the tuner in use ERROR (-12) code. Get your tuner recording something. Then go into Setup->Channel Setup and pick any other channel and select the "View" button. You get something like this:

Watch request failed.
ERROR (-12): There was a null object
requested to playback

It should have given the friendly message letting you know all tuners are busy and do you wish to change channels type thing it did in 2.0.