SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-07-2004, 12:13 PM
Sage Icon

New WRT54G router makes sage choppy; old SMC B worked fine

Any idea what port or other things I should look into to see why, if I use my new WRT54G G-speed router SageTV Client is choppy? If I plug my SMC B-router back in, everything is nifty-peachy-keen.

I've looked at stuff like receive buffer size, opening every port in the McAfee firewall to the LAN.

I'm getting to the cluelessness/desperation stage. I see that others here are using this router just fine with SageTVClient, and I want to be just like you.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:31 PM
Sage Icon

interestingly, i tried playing the mpg'd show via WMP, and it works fine. How exactly does SageTVClient work [i.e., port/etc]? If I'm getting enough throughput via filesharing, why wouldn't I get it via SageTVClient?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:20 AM
Sage User

Try looking on your access point for an option to change what frequency the access point is using. If im not mistaken most linksys access points default to 6. Try chaning to 1 or 11 and see if that helps any. I had a linksys wap55ag and it did the same things on both A and G with A having nothing interfering with it. Finaly after following the instructions from linksys there firmware crashed it and i bought a dlink and have had no issues sence. I think there is some major bugs in the linksys firmware that cause them to loose conectivity for a few seconds each minute when i was testing by copying 4GB test files across it. The same files on my new dlink never loose conectivity or have drops in throughput while copying files. The only reason WMP works is becouse it is queing the file on your drive while you are watching it if you unplug your access point after watching 4-5 minutes on WMP you will watch it play for another minute or so before it dies.

I hope some of this helps. I know for the record i will never buy another linksys wireless product agian after all the problems ive had with them there hardwired equipment isent bad but there wireless sucks.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Sage Icon

I had the same exact issue with that router! Last week I bought the wrt54gs with speedboost and no issue at all. Funny thing is that the jitters went away even before I installed the speedboost nic's. That was the second wrt54g I had with this problem so it looks like that model definitely has issues.