SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Sage User

Unhappy Missing Recordings

So I've been running SageTV for a few weeks and I have over 20 favorites. Everything seems to get recorded as expected, except CSI.

I have all 3 CSI shows (CSI, CSI:NY, CSI:Miami) set up for FirstRuns, but it seems to constantly delete them after it's finished recording.

Wednesday, for CSI:NY, I checked the Upcoming Recordings list and verified that was listed, half an hour before it was going to air. So I put SageTV to sleep, then confidently went about my business, thinking it will be there tomorrow for me to watch... but then on Thursday when I wanted to watch it I couldn't find it! No trace of it in the Recordings list! Even checked the directory where Sage saves the files, and nothing!

Last night, I was home to watch CSI (original), and again it was on the Upcoming Recordings list, and so I just let SageTV record it, and I watched the show live as it was being recorded. Today, I check the recordings list, and it's not there! I realize it would have been marked as watched, but I didn't expect to be deleted right away because there are tons of other older watched shows plus over 20GB free space. What gives? What can possibly cause this?

I haven't noticed something like this happening with any other shows.

This is really making the GF unhappy. I may just have to go download the episodes that were lost myself. Please help
Old 11-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Are you using XMLTV? Are you using SageTV v2.0 or v2.1?

Someone recently had a similar problem where the EPG would update & remove the First Run status of the show. Since it was no longer a first run, it wouldn't qualify as a favorite any longer & SageTV v2.0 would by default automatically delete non-favs & non-manual recordings when IR is off. You could do one of these options:
  1. change the favorite to record first runs & reruns
  2. set this property: seeker/clear_partials_and_unwanted_when_ir_off=false
  3. * upgrade to v2.1, where existing recordings are no longer deleted when their status changes & IR is off.
* I would upgrade to v2.1 if I were you.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Sage User

Yes, I am using XMLTV and SageTV 2.0.

I will try your suggestion of changing that property for now, and I will probably upgrade to 2.1 in the near future.

Thanks!