SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-30-2004, 08:33 AM
Sage User

Recording Favorites - Do you need to....

When setting up a favorite for scheduled recording, do you need to click on RECORD for SageTV to begin recording the program at the desired date/time? I only have a few favorites and I think I clicked on record each time I added them to the favorites list, however, I noticed one of them didn't get recorded the other night (Joey @ 8:00p) it showed on the favorite list but not the scheduled recording list. ER however did record 2 hrs later and was on the schedule list. Another thing I noticed was that Joey had a white box in the TV Guide and ER had a red box.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Favorites are shown with a white border; Manual Recordings are shown with a red border. Once you create a favorite, you do not need to use Record to record an airing, unless you want that specific airing to be recorded. A Manual Recording records _only_ that single airing and cannot be changed by SageTV -- it will not reschedule it to resolve conflicts or if something prevents that airing from being recorded, such as if the power goes out & the MR does not get recorded. Favorites, on the other hand, are managed by SageTV and get scheduled to record whenever seems best, to resolve conflicts and so on. If an episode comes on that has not been recorded or watched already, it will be scheduled to be recorded according to the fav's rules, including recording quality and padding time. If you override this process by using the Record command, that specific airing will not be recorded with the default recording quality and no padding unless to manually change that show's padding settings.

In short, the normal usage is: set up your Favorite and don't use Record on those shows.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.