SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-26-2004, 08:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Remote problems, where to get help?

Just lately I have been having problems with the remote that controls SageTV (the one that came with the WinTV 250). Both the remote and the MX-500 need each button puched multiple times for any action. I restarted the remote software and rebooted. I have tried the new SageTV version too. I'm out of ideas, the whole thing is strange and sudden. Where can I get help, I'm not even sure what company made the software or remote.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:50 PM
Administrator

There is a bunch of info about the Hauppauge remote in the links in my sig lines, below.

Need new batteries? Any problem with the sensor -- unplug & replug it?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have two remotes, they both act the same. I did download some files from your other post, but I don't see how they help. I didn't change anything, it just started suddenly. I did try replugging the IR port in the 250 card, no change.

I'll try the batteries, maybe both remotes are low, but the MX500 should give a battery warning and it's not.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Administrator

I didn't say those files _had_ to help... I wasn't sure exactly what was causing the problem, so I tried to cover several things at once.

I notice my MX-700 not working as well as usual a day or so before it finally starts showing a low battery indicator.

A few people have reported that the IR cable actually went bad & all worked well after it was replaced. I think they said they hadn't touched it, so maybe it corrodes. I don't know... I've had computer cables work one day & not the next and they hadn't been touched.

Finally, there is no guarantee that anything I've said has anything to do with your problem. That has been known to happen at times too.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:01 PM

Same thing -- remote stops after 2 consecutive pushes

That same thing is happening to me.

If I press any key 3 times, SageTV only responds to the first two until I press another key. (i.e. to go down I have to go down down up down down up down down up -- the up key seems to reset it)

This is on a brand new install of MCE2K5 with a brand new WinPVR 250 and sage 2.0.20 trial.

I have tried the hauppauge remote software from both the factory cd and hauppauge's website (reinstalling sage as needed).

I've re-seated the ir cable and checked the batteries.

I've also scoured forums to no avail.

Any ideas???
Old 11-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

The problem seemed to be related to the cable EPG changing, when I corrected it it seemed to fix the remote. I don't understand it.