SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-26-2004, 12:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

USB-IRT on SageClient with Hauppauge Remote...

Does anybody know of an easy way to map the Hauppauge remote for use with the USB-UIRT? I've tried doing it manually through Sage's interface, but it's tedious at best, and I still don't have it perfectly mapped as it would be had I not been using the client.

Is there any way to map this to the default mappings Sage would use if I had been using the remote through the Hauppauge card rather than USB-UIRT?

Thanks all!
Old 10-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Maybe if someone else went through the same process and sent you their configuration files -- I _think_ the codes are stored in the properties file, but Ive never looked into that.

When using a remote to control SageTV by having SageTV talk directly to the USB-UIRT, you have to teach each button to the command you want that button to function as. When using the Hauppauge remote, you have to learn each button twice in a row w/o pressing any othe remote button in between because it uses a toggle code, so each button can send two different codes. If you only learn one code for each button, you will have inconsistent results.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Does anybody have a configuration file for the Hauppauge stock remote that I can cut and paste or otherwise use with my SageClient via USB-UIRT?

Thanks!

PS.. I didn't know that about learning the button twice in a row! I'll have to go back and clean some things up!
Old 12-07-2004, 07:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Stuntman,
Did you ever get your problem straightened out? I have a new 45 button Hauppauge remote and a usb-uirt, and I am having problems mapping the buttons. I've changed remotes so many times that my properties file shows dozens of codes for every command! I would really like to get my hands on someone's "ui/rc-mappings" section of Sage.properties, as I really screwed up mine.
Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by robk; 12-07-2004 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk
I would really like to get my hands on someone's "ui/rc-mappings" section of Sage.properties, as I really screwed up mine.
You could always close SageTV & remove those ui/rc_mappings/XXX lines from the properties file. They will simply get replaced as you learn new commands. (Make a backup copy of the properties file first.)

Again: since you are learning 2 codes for each button, be sure to press NO other remote button while learning the same button twice in a row.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Never thought of that! If I delete them, they will be re-written to the properties file? That doesn't sound too hard.
Thanks,
Rob