SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJake
Maybe I should rephrase that and say that Original air date is spelled wrong as it looks like I'm saying something else.
Thanks I understood. Fixed.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to matterw
One word -- Sweet! I can't wait for this one to be released... I have one issue: When I select a ripped DVD and select an item off of the menu it brings be back to LiveTV...
Old 11-28-2004, 09:30 AM

Alpha Preview 4.7 is up.

Did not have nearly as much time as I would have hoped so not much has changed. Mainly items that I have done as I use this for myself.

Guide Filtering (Use Options command in Guide)
Music Searching
MCE Stop command integration
New show icons - still not sure if I am happy with these but they are better.
Various small items that may not be visible .

Have fun.

At this point if you see any issues with the menus that have the new MC look fell free to post them here. Those menus should be pretty solid now.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:39 AM
Sage User

I really like the guide filtering, nice touch. One question...how do you reset the guide to 'everything' after applying a filter?
Old 11-28-2004, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonl
I really like the guide filtering, nice touch. One question...how do you reset the guide to 'everything' after applying a filter?
If you press back when in a filter guide it will take you back to the normal Guide. However, you found a bug where if you leave the Guide when it is filtered it never comes back. I am putting up a fixed download - same name and version.

Anyone using Guide filtering should download again. Otherwise no need.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:41 AM
Sage User

Works great! Thanks for the quick update/reply.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Sage Expert

The STV is looking great! I am still getting text re-sizing in the guide. It is impossible to read some things, especially films as there is so much text. Any chance of this being changed?
Old 11-28-2004, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
The STV is looking great! I am still getting text re-sizing in the guide. It is impossible to read some things, especially films as there is so much text. Any chance of this being changed?
I can't reproduce this on my end. All the settings too allow for sizing on the guide cell text is disabled.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:05 PM
Sage User

SageMC is coming along very well. This is one impressive piece of work. However <GRIN>, I would like to put my input in about the whole stop button thing when playing back files. So here goes:

When you hit the stop button, it should just stop. With the right mouse click or however you are doing it, that is where the options should be located. How it was in the 4.6. But in that screen, it should give the option to delete. Once deleted, it should then take you to the recorded TV screen where you had been looking at before watching the show. Having it be deleted and then starting another show was kind of annoying. In 4.6, the way I was deleting was to press the stop button, then go to the properties page and then delete the show.

Of course the other option would be just to give an option to go to the properties page of that show and delete it there while it is running and just put a stop in place.

But the way it is now, it is much harder deal with. For some reason, when I push the back button it acts like a stop and puts the stop command screen in and then I am unable to watch the show and look at the TV guide or whatever.

Also, when the show is done, it should come up with the options and one should be to go to the property page where you can delete it and then it should go back to the recorded shows or whatever screen you were on before that point.

Just my thoughts anyway. But there should be a better way to implement this.

Thanks and thanks again for a very nice STV!!

Last edited by pdxcoop; 11-28-2004 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm using the 4.7 aplha and I can't delete archived shows... Am I missing something?
Old 11-28-2004, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matterw
I'm using the 4.7 aplha and I can't delete archived shows... Am I missing something?
I just tried and I can. Anyone else confirm or deny?
Old 11-28-2004, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxcoop
SageMC is coming along very well. This is one impressive piece of work. However <GRIN>, I would like to put my input in about the whole stop button thing when playing back files. So here goes:

When you hit the stop button, it should just stop. With the right mouse click or however you are doing it, that is where the options should be located. How it was in the 4.6. But in that screen, it should give the option to delete. Once deleted, it should then take you to the recorded TV screen where you had been looking at before watching the show. Having it be deleted and then starting another show was kind of annoying. In 4.6, the way I was deleting was to press the stop button, then go to the properties page and then delete the show.

Of course the other option would be just to give an option to go to the properties page of that show and delete it there while it is running and just put a stop in place.

But the way it is now, it is much harder deal with. For some reason, when I push the back button it acts like a stop and puts the stop command screen in and then I am unable to watch the show and look at the TV guide or whatever.

Also, when the show is done, it should come up with the options and one should be to go to the property page where you can delete it and then it should go back to the recorded shows or whatever screen you were on before that point.

Just my thoughts anyway. But there should be a better way to implement this.

Thanks and thanks again for a very nice STV!!
The way the Stop command is now is almost exactly like MCE. I may have a few touches to add to it yet. I did not like it at first myself, but have grown accustomed to it on the real MCE. I am going to tweak the Back command from the Stop menu yet. In MCE it would not go back to full video screen without either restarting or resuming.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Really? Whe I go to my TV -> Archive -> select a show... I don't even see Delete as a menu item...
Old 11-28-2004, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matterw
Really? Whe I go to my TV -> Archive -> select a show... I don't even see Delete as a menu item...
Hmmm, just tried again with an older show. Sure enough it is not there. I will fix.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Hmmm, just tried again with an older show. Sure enough it is not there. I will fix.
Uploaded another build. This is a tricky one. Let me know if all buttons appear as they should.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Looks good -- now we're talking! Thanks... BTW, you had the delete on 4.6 and it went away after the next release, but keep the Delete there -- I like it...
Old 11-29-2004, 02:45 AM
Sage Expert

Here you go:

this is the text re-sizing that I'm getting. It basically tries to put all of the text into the space, no matter how much there is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smalltext.JPG (53.2 KB, 208 views)
Old 11-29-2004, 03:27 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I just tried and I can. Anyone else confirm or deny?
I can also delete archived items.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

It's getting better all the time............

Excellent, no category translation needed any more; subcategory "All" fixed that.
I have the same text-resizing as ukmgranger; when you select the program though, the textsize is normal and therefore readable.

Thanks for the update, jan
Old 11-29-2004, 05:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to hide the Setup Menu from the menu selection on the client?
Closed Thread