SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Sage Icon

Chrysek, all the weather information is contained in the zip files. It also doesn't use getweather.exe which tells me you didn't remove the weather information or configure it per the first message.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgibbysworth
Good question. If you set the option for sage to use system volume, it would be nice to ditch the volume bar.
Not exactly true. What happens is that when you change the volume it will ALSO change the system volume. The only viable reasons to remove it that I'm aware of are for PVR-350/MVP users.

I doubt I'll remove the volume bar but what I think I'll probably due is have the timebar centered at the bottom when it is the only OSD element on screen. This will solve user "complaints" 99% of the time.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgibbysworth
In an unrelated yet related vein, would it be possible to fine-tune the ComSkip cut points when watching a recorded program? ie, bind a command to move nearest cut-in or cut-out point to current marker position.

Also it would be cool if the program bar, instead of turning white for BOTH watched portion of the program as well as watched or skipped commercials, would use two colors to retain the program and commercial markings. ie, white for watched program, light purple for watched commercial.

It would be possible to do this but it isn't something I'm even going to think about doing at least in the short term. Possible later on ONLY because of the DVD burning ability and the cut commercials features.

You can however do this outside of SageTV very easily using VideoRedo. Just load up the .VPrj file created by ComSkip (in my installation) and you can fine tune as well as batch process cutting of commercials. Works like a charm.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Not exactly true. What happens is that when you change the volume it will ALSO change the system volume. The only viable reasons to remove it that I'm aware of are for PVR-350/MVP users.
Well, I don't care much about the volume bar one way on another but I don't have a 350/MVP and I still don't need it. I mapped my remotes volume buttons to my TV and change the volume there. A lot of people do this actually, using either their TV or their reciever for volume control.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

I am also starting to have some performance issues that may be STV related. From time to time I get high CPU utilization (99%) from the SAGETV.EXE. The system usually drops back down to under 20% for no apparent reason. This happens while viewing a show, or just navigating the menus.

Not sure if it is related, but I also noticed that my AVI's are acting funny, and seem to be one cause of the high utilization. When I start an AVI the video stutters for a few seconds then plays smoothly, but after about 30 seconds I lose the sound. I have also had the utilization problem when I am not viewing an AVI. The AVI's were created using the compression option in this STV.

I have not tried using the OriginalSTV yet, but I plan to do that tonight.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:44 PM
Sage User

So how in the world do we setup compression? There is only one guide out there, and it appears things have been changed enough to make it unusable since it was written Frustrating because this is one of the most important features

Edit: Got it working I think The guide is just confusing

Last edited by k1114; 12-13-2004 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Idea....

I was playing a recording the other night and was trying to find a spot in the movie that I have always loved.. it took me quite some time to forward/reverse to the spot I wanted to find...

Would it be possible to add the ability to add bookmarks to our videos? Maybe add an 'in' point in a text file for any video we have stored, should we want one.. that way I could go to any of my ripped movies or shows and bounce to any number of specific 'favorite' scenes I may have for that particular video..

Would this be helpful to anybody but me?

Just a though!
Old 12-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1114
So how in the world do we setup compression? There is only one guide out there, and it appears things have been changed enough to make it unusable since it was written Frustrating because this is one of the most important features

Edit: Got it working I think The guide is just confusing
could you direct me to the useful thread/guide for compression
Old 12-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Sage User

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&postcount=183

It's "sort of" useful, but not enough.

I've got to the point where it actually runs and tries to compress, but ffmpeg spits out something about no suitable setting for "@QUALITY" and it dosen't encode.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:59 PM
Sage Icon

If you guys can wait a few more days version 16 will be released at least in beta form and will have compression out of the zip. Everything will be included and should be ready to use with very minor system configuration (detailed instructions will be included if needed).
Old 12-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi guys,

I just decided to try Cayars' STV for the first time, and I'm quite impressed. However, I have a couple of questions in trying to get it set up the way I need it. Some of these may have been addressed at some point, and forgive me if so (I just would rather not have to sort through the 70+ pages (yikes!) of forum!). Wonder if you guys can help. This would help me get the config I want, plus it will allow me to learn the ins and outs of the STV so that I can make changes myself in the future.

First, I can't seem to get the "upcoming recording" listing off of the menus. I have changed it in the setup, as well as deleting the "<option></option>" line mentioned. I think I've removed all references to the widget, but it's still there. Is there another way to get rid of it, or something I'm missing (other than the "<option></option>" line)?

Also, for the main menu, I would like just the following options, "Recordings," "Live TVGuide," "Media" (including libraries, DVD, music functions, etc.), "Information/Other" (including recordings views as well as current items), "Utilities/Setup" (same as current), and "Sleep Mode". Are these possible? If so, can you tell me how to do it? I've looked at the menu file, but I can't seem to figure out how to get just those menu items to display (that is, under what headings...subMenuItem, internalScreenMenuItem, actionMenuItem, etc.), to have them show up as main menu items and keep submenus intact.

Also, is there a way to have the Sage logo always go to the main menu (rather than just "back" to the last viewed menu)? I'd like to use the back arrow button to go back to the last view, and the Sage logo to always go to the main menu. Can you tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help. I've been using Malore's STV since the beginning, and this one seems to be the only one that will allow me to add some cool functionality while still keeping the Malore options intact.

Last edited by mbrown3; 12-13-2004 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Centering the time bar when nothing else is on the screen would be a great compromise. I know its probably not feasible to add an option to remove the volume bar just for pvr 350 users but the display just seemed "off" without the timebar centered. Centering it would be a great improvement.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:39 PM
Sage Icon

Thinking about this RobDMB, I might remove it all together (configurable). I didn't think about all the other setups that have Sage's sound ran through the Home Theater Sound System/Stereo (Umm like me, doh).

Here's a question for anybody interested in this. There are two peices to this. One is just the visual OSD volume panel. The second is the actual code that handles volume. The question I ask is if I make this configurable do I do it just for the visual aspect but leave the code intact that actually controls volume (just in case) or have it ignore this also based on the configurations setting?

If I were to code it so both get ignored then there is the possibility we could use these (up volume, down volume) for other things in the OSD (maybe mini-guide).

Oppinions please.

BTW, this will probably be a 17 release thing.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Sage Icon

I say just do it visually. I don't even have sage volume commands mapped to any buttons on my remote. If you want to add some more button commands I would consider using unused customs rather than the volume. Makes sense in my head I just can't seem to be able to articulate the logic behind this right now.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:34 AM
Sage Expert

MAME

Howdy,

is there any chance to integrate the mame (Arcarde) menue from sage original stv in this stv?

can you help me?
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 12-14-2004, 06:30 AM
Sage Icon

DIBU, I didn't add the MAME stuff in the menus cause I figured only a couple of people would even use it. All the MAME code IS IN THE STV HOWEVER.

You can add this yourself to the menu file and it should work just fine.

Carlo
Old 12-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3
Hi guys,

I just decided to try Cayars' STV for the first time, and I'm quite impressed. However, I have a couple of questions in trying to get it set up the way I need it. Some of these may have been addressed at some point, and forgive me if so (I just would rather not have to sort through the 70+ pages (yikes!) of forum!). Wonder if you guys can help. This would help me get the config I want, plus it will allow me to learn the ins and outs of the STV so that I can make changes myself in the future.

First, I can't seem to get the "upcoming recording" listing off of the menus. I have changed it in the setup, as well as deleting the "<option></option>" line mentioned. I think I've removed all references to the widget, but it's still there. Is there another way to get rid of it, or something I'm missing (other than the "<option></option>" line)?

Also, for the main menu, I would like just the following options, "Recordings," "Live TVGuide," "Media" (including libraries, DVD, music functions, etc.), "Information/Other" (including recordings views as well as current items), "Utilities/Setup" (same as current), and "Sleep Mode". Are these possible? If so, can you tell me how to do it? I've looked at the menu file, but I can't seem to figure out how to get just those menu items to display (that is, under what headings...subMenuItem, internalScreenMenuItem, actionMenuItem, etc.), to have them show up as main menu items and keep submenus intact.

Also, is there a way to have the Sage logo always go to the main menu (rather than just "back" to the last viewed menu)? I'd like to use the back arrow button to go back to the last view, and the Sage logo to always go to the main menu. Can you tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help. I've been using Malore's STV since the beginning, and this one seems to be the only one that will allow me to add some cool functionality while still keeping the Malore options intact.
Any thoughts on this?
Old 12-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
I am also starting to have some performance issues that may be STV related. From time to time I get high CPU utilization (99%) from the SAGETV.EXE. The system usually drops back down to under 20% for no apparent reason. This happens while viewing a show, or just navigating the menus.

Not sure if it is related, but I also noticed that my AVI's are acting funny, and seem to be one cause of the high utilization. When I start an AVI the video stutters for a few seconds then plays smoothly, but after about 30 seconds I lose the sound. I have also had the utilization problem when I am not viewing an AVI. The AVI's were created using the compression option in this STV.

I have not tried using the OriginalSTV yet, but I plan to do that tonight.
Well I tried the Original STV last night and I did not have the performance problems, in fact I did not see any of the stuttering video problems that I am used to seeing when starting a video or starting live TV. I did still have the problems with no sound in the AVIs. Anyone else having these problems?

I have an AMD 1700+, 768MB RAM running XP Pro SP1.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Well I tried the Original STV last night and I did not have the performance problems, in fact I did not see any of the stuttering video problems that I am used to seeing when starting a video or starting live TV. I did still have the problems with no sound in the AVIs. Anyone else having these problems?

I have an AMD 1700+, 768MB RAM running XP Pro SP1.
I thought that might be the case. Wait until I release 16 (or pre-release) and try the STV again. I've made some considerable changes to different parts of the code to speed it up.

It now runs 95%+ as fast as the OriginalV2.stv on my systems. It will never run quite as fast in certain parts of the system like library veiws since I'm displaying much more information and it takes a little time to gather the information to display. This only makes sence.

But I'm not getting any stutters now at all that I wouldn't get in the OriginalV2.stv (occasional one in VMR9 mode with clients connected and multiple recordings in progress on a P4 1.7GHz machine).
Old 12-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3
Any thoughts on this?
You actually don't have to read the entire thread. Us the Search by Thread feature and it will narrow down message pertaining to your searched words.

I already answered some of these in the two PMs we exchanged. To get rid of the "upcoming recording" listings you need to remove all of the "<option></option>" lines in the menu file. There will be one set of these for each menu.

The Sage logo area clicking will not take you back to the main menu. Nothing easy I can do about this, since it has to do with the way the Dynamic Menus are designed. You just need to think differently when using this STV. Think HOME key equals MENU key and it will make more sense.

Speaking of the Malore options, you'll actually find that these functions have been expanded upon and are even better in this STV.

Carlo