SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I'm pretty sure I've nailed the music issue in Visualizations. I was finally able to reproduce this issue and as soon as I could reproduce it I was able to fix it. In a nutshell the issue was from code "attached" to the timebar at the bottom of the screen. I enherited the code/bug and I'd assume it will probably be reproducable in any of the STV files that support ComSkip commercial skipping as done in the original Malore version.
Cool. I appreciate you working on this fix. Now I won't have to take a chance of burning in my TV while listening to MP3s.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
After watching a recording could we have another option of just plain delete? I do get 4 options, cancel, delete watched like, delete watched not like etc, but could we just have another option of jst delete and not change like or dislike options or wached and not watched options?

Thanks so much.... Ah, after deleting the recording I think it would be great if menu could go directly to the recording menu so no extra steps would be required to go there...

Just my few comments about recordings etc, I love this STV with everything...
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:44 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks for confirming that mls.
Regarding my post 1274 responding to:
Quote:
Shouldn't the show return to the Recordings view when you get to the end of a recording?
I've PM'ed Andy about this and he has confirmed that there is something not quite right with the behaviour of v2.1 at the end of files. I'm not sure if this is a bug in the STV for v2.1, or if it is some core problem.

Since this still occurs in the current beta of v2.2 I will be submitting a bug report about it. I believe Andy is also going to give Frey a possibly more accurate description of the problem.

Cayars - Since this could effect how your STV operates, I will try to let you know if it changes in the SageTV beta v2.2 releases. Although I'm sure you'll already find out from other sources before me (hopefully).

Anybody got a fly swatter while I work on narrowing down a few other bugs?

Last edited by mls; 12-06-2004 at 04:46 AM.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
You're the greatest.

Sorry to take up your time on a (relatively) minor issue such as this, though.

Jason
Not a probelm.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Regarding my post 1274 responding to:

I've PM'ed Andy about this and he has confirmed that there is something not quite right with the behaviour of v2.1 at the end of files. I'm not sure if this is a bug in the STV for v2.1, or if it is some core problem.

Since this still occurs in the current beta of v2.2 I will be submitting a bug report about it. I believe Andy is also going to give Frey a possibly more accurate description of the problem.

Cayars - Since this could effect how your STV operates, I will try to let you know if it changes in the SageTV beta v2.2 releases. Although I'm sure you'll already find out from other sources before me (hopefully).

Anybody got a fly swatter while I work on narrowing down a few other bugs?
Keep an eye on it for me, as I can't remember to check everything and even if I do remember to check, sometimes there is so many combinations I have to try in the OSD I mis something. (many combinations because of all the extras I've added).
Old 12-06-2004, 06:04 AM
Sage User

noticed a few things myself with version 15.

-comskip seems a bit flakey now, commercial skip seems much slower than before and downright stubborn if it working on a program Im watching live.
-when comskip finishes a manualy started instance it reports that it failed, even though it completed just fine.
-when browsing through the tv guide, hitting the rec button on the hauppauge remote doesn't visually seem to do anything (intermittantly). no red border shows and in detailed info screen the record option is still shown. clickin on that several times doesn't toggle it either. The shows do still seem to record though.
-no longer asks before changing chanels to record a scheduled program.
-when deleting a show from within the detailed info menu, I get put back in the detailed info screen for a show that I just deleted.

Other than that and a few other minor ones I cant thing of, I'm extremely happy with this STV.

Last edited by supernoob; 12-06-2004 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Sage Fanatic

A couple ideas..

1) Is it possible to add comskip to the Video Library menu? I have a lot of shows that I've moved into this area that don't get com skipped as they were recorded before we had that tool.

2) Would it be possible to add the ability to remove the orphaned files when we delete a show rather than having to do the two step thing? Perhaps as an 'option'.. "Delete Orphaned files as well as movie file when deleting"..

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2004, 01:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi

Just upgraded from 13 to 15. Now I keep geteting "null" at the beginning of 2nd line of some programs in the 'TV Recordings' list.

I'm using rtxmltv so the following example program
Code:
  <programme start="20041205183000 +0000" stop="20041205193000 +0000" channel="132">
    <title>Scrapheap Challenge</title>
    <sub-title>The Hard and the Hardy</sub-title>
    <desc>A special edition of the junkyard engineering series with the results
 of a vote conducted via the Scrapheap Challenge website. Viewers have 
been asked to nominate their choice for the best mechanical monster seen 
on the show, but which one tops the poll? The infamous car flinger edition 
was popular, but various car crushers and power pullers are also in with a 
chance.</desc>
    <category>Entertainment</category>
    <length units="minutes">60</length>
    <premiere>Not a repeat</premiere>
    <subtitles type="teletext"/>
  </programme>
comes out as
Code:
Scrapheap Challenge
nullThe Hard and the Hardy
I suspect it might be the sub-title tag thats causing it. As programs without that seem ok. It doesnt appear on the recording detail screen.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Sage Icon

This has been answered several times in this thread regarding null appearing when using xmltv.
Turn off: Detailed Setup->Enhancements->Show Episode Numbers

Last edited by ToxMox; 12-06-2004 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
This has been answered several times in this thread regarding null appearing when using xmltv.
Ahh! I suppose I should have actually tested it. I'd not changed that option so thought it was another problem.

(I Still think it shouldnt put 'null' in if the value is missing though)
Old 12-07-2004, 02:57 AM
Sage Expert

Thumbs down Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
no effect.... NULL again
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 12-07-2004, 04:26 AM
Sage User

I'm afraid that I have to concur with DIBU's findings.
The Episode Numbers setting does not eliminate the null problem for me.
Besides the null appearing, it also eliminates the episode name. This makes me thingk that the null is not generated from the episode number directly but from a combined episode number/description field.

I think it might have something to do with the EPGImportPlugin interface against which XMLTVImportPlugin is written. The EPGImportPlugin interface has no means to specify an episode number. The effect of this might be that Sage has set that specific field to null.
I think that the Cayars STV code might be getting a NullPointerException before it gets a chance to assign the episode name to the show.
If so, this should be an easy fix
Old 12-07-2004, 04:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

I also used to get null in the episiode titles and sub titles with the 'Show Episode Numbers' enabled. When I disable it, the Episode Name is fine, but the description (sub title) still has the word null at the front.

Still great work Cayars.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:18 AM
Sage Icon

I'll fix this for the next version guys.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:21 AM
Sage User

Since Redman is using xmltv (judging by his previous posts), I did another test where I made sure that no String variable to the EPGImportPlugin was null. Unfortunately this did not make the problem go away.

Reading your post again, Redman I think maybe you have the field names wrong. The description is not the same as the sub-title. But the episode name is. The show info on the top of the screen looks something like this:
<title>
<episode-name> <description>
You can look at the detail information to check wether the show has an episode name. It will be displayed between quotes as the first line on the detail box.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:38 AM
Sage Icon

I just took a look at the code for this and I'm doing a check here to see if the "Show Episodes" flag is set. It sounds like it's an import issue to me also.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

No more sleep???

Just wonderind if anyone else had trouble with this...

I installed the latest release of Cayars (15) the other day (before hand I was using the Original on Sage 2.1) and now I have noticed that my computer does not seem to be going to sleep when there is nothing recording. Do I have to change any settings or anything?

The power management stuff was working fine before...
Old 12-07-2004, 07:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex
Just wonderind if anyone else had trouble with this...

I installed the latest release of Cayars (15) the other day (before hand I was using the Original on Sage 2.1) and now I have noticed that my computer does not seem to be going to sleep when there is nothing recording. Do I have to change any settings or anything?

The power management stuff was working fine before...
Cyrex, to the best of my knowledge I haven't touched the sleep routines, but I also don't use them myself, so I wouldn't know if I broke anything. I don't recall hearing about this before so I'm inclined to think that nothing has changed.

Do you have ComSkip enabled? If so this would keep your computer from going to sleep. If this isn't disabled, do me a favor and go back to the originalv2 stv and let me know if power management starts working correctly again.

Report back your findings and I'll look into it if there is a problem.

Carlo
Old 12-07-2004, 08:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Cyrex, to the best of my knowledge I haven't touched the sleep routines, but I also don't use them myself, so I wouldn't know if I broke anything. I don't recall hearing about this before so I'm inclined to think that nothing has changed.

Do you have ComSkip enabled? If so this would keep your computer from going to sleep. If this isn't disabled, do me a favor and go back to the originalv2 stv and let me know if power management starts working correctly again.

Report back your findings and I'll look into it if there is a problem.

Carlo
I do have comskip enabled... (I was meaning to mention that in my previous post) and I was figuring that it may have been the cause. Does having comskip enabled always keep the computer from sleeping, or is it just that it is still processing the files I have on my system?

BTW thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping I would have time to add that comskip part into my original post, but you beat me to it
Old 12-07-2004, 09:12 AM
Sage Icon

Good question. I'm not actually sure since my machines are almost constantly processing. Maybe ToxMox would know this from looking at the code but my guess is that with ComSkip enabled it won't power down because of the extra ComSkip thread (code) being used. I'm really not sure however, so I'll defer that to someone with a clue.

I'm not a JAVA programmer and Studio is very much JAVA like so I'm always "fighting" with it. Imagine what I could do with some of this stuff if the programming language agreed with me.