SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-26-2004, 07:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Anyway to fix this for those of us who use SageTV strictly with a remote?
Thanks
I have STOP mapped to the HOME command on my remote (and a 'stop playback' item on my home menu!)
Old 11-26-2004, 10:26 AM
Sage Icon

Tis why the "Stop Playback" is on the main, media & other menus in my STV too.
Not a fix, but it helps.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Sage Icon

Question for you guys:

How many of you guys are running in Overlay mode and have trouble getting the OSD aligned correctly. For the life of me I can't get the OSD to look correct on TV (computer screen not a problem) using the Aspect Ratio and Overscan settings (Detailed Setup->Multimedia). Playing with these setting will work for the OSD but then the menus and non-OSD stuff doesn't look good or vice versa.

I'm working on a solution for myself for this but wondered if anybody else has this issue too?
Old 11-26-2004, 10:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
How many of you guys are running in Overlay mode and have trouble getting the OSD aligned correctly. For the life of me I can't get the OSD to look correct on TV (computer screen not a problem) using the Aspect Ratio and Overscan settings (Detailed Setup->Multimedia). Playing with these setting will work for the OSD but then the menus and non-OSD stuff doesn't look good or vice versa.
I run in overlay mode, but I don't use the S-Video out of the graphics card, I go DVI directly into the TV set.

Looks fine for me

Stacy
Old 11-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Sage User

[QUOTE=Cayars]Question for you guys:

QUOTE]

I have this issue as well. I'm using S-Vid. Get one or the other looking correct but not both. Quite irritating. Are the overscan settings tied to the aspect ratio? It seems if you adjust overscan for Source, then a different overscan adjustment is required for 4:3, etc. But it doesn't seem to save different overscan settings for each aspect ratio.

CJB
Old 11-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Sage Icon

[QUOTE=Grungy Remnant]
Quote:
Question for you guys:

QUOTE]

I have this issue as well. I'm using S-Vid. Get one or the other looking correct but not both. Quite irritating. Are the overscan settings tied to the aspect ratio? It seems if you adjust overscan for Source, then a different overscan adjustment is required for 4:3, etc. But it doesn't seem to save different overscan settings for each aspect ratio.

CJB
Bingo. This is my exact problem.

I'm working on a solution.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Carlo,

Is there an easy way to set up the "Capture Color Calibration" function to support multiple tuner cards?

Lynn
Old 11-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber
Carlo,

Is there an easy way to set up the "Capture Color Calibration" function to support multiple tuner cards?

Lynn
I believe you can do this now in 2.1
Old 11-26-2004, 01:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, but how do I set up the menu.xml file to provide two paths from the UI?

Also, do you have any idea why after I tried to change the Watched Bar color form your default, now all I can get are shades of grey? Tried doing it with Watched Bars disabled, restarting Sage etc. but now I am stuck in grey!

Thanks,

Lynn
Old 11-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure what you're asking about the two paths. BTW, the menu being used isn't menu.xml anymore. I changed this so my STV won't cause problems for people using the import nielm wrote for other STVs using common internal names.

The Watched bar color is a hex number. You have to start out the color with "0x". If you go back in to change the color you will see the default color listed in parenthesis.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, I will vouch that you can have different color calibration settings on multiple tuners now.

After upgrading to 2.1, I couldn't figure out why about 3/4 of my shows looked so soft that I thought I was going blind..... seems that the default is about 70 for sharpness if you upgrade and it was using one setting for both cards...... yikes!

Quote:
I believe you can do this now in 2.1
Old 11-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're asking about the two paths. BTW, the menu being used isn't menu.xml anymore. I changed this so my STV won't cause problems for people using the import nielm wrote for other STVs using common internal names.

The Watched bar color is a hex number. You have to start out the color with "0x". If you go back in to change the color you will see the default color listed in parenthesis.
Oops! I missed the hex prefix and now all is well, thanks.

I am using cayars-menu.xml but when I include the entry:

<internalScreenMenuItem
title="Capture Color Calibration"
icon="STVs\OriginalV2\cayars\setup.png"
screen="Capture Color Calibration"/>

I'm not sure which of my two cards it is related to, I think the primary or last used or??? I would like to be able to select at this point rather than going through the path that is available through the Setup Wizard. Certainly not a big deal but it would fit my menu structure a little better.

Thanks,

Lynn

Last edited by ellweber; 11-26-2004 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Quote:
Next, for some reason the ComSkip icon is only shown for a group of recordings, and it is not shown in the "Recording Detail" screen. I would like to see it in both places.
I don't follow you on this one. Any chance of a couple of screen shots so I know the screens you're referring to?
Here you go. I am acutally having two problems with the new icons, the first one being what I mentioned above, and also - this recording is a Favorite, but if you notice, there is no Favorite icon in any of the screens. I have about 5 in this group and none of them have the Favorite icon. I also have numerous other recordings that are Favorites, but do not have the Favorite icon.

BTW, any comments on my last post (post #892)?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg STV Recs CS Shown.JPG (21.3 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg Rec Det. No Icons.JPG (28.6 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg Show w_CS.JPG (18.8 KB, 266 views)
Old 11-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Here you go. I am acutally having two problems with the new icons, the first one being what I mentioned above, and also - this recording is a Favorite, but if you notice, there is no Favorite icon in any of the screens. I have about 5 in this group and none of them have the Favorite icon. I also have numerous other recordings that are Favorites, but do not have the Favorite icon.

As for the no favorite Icon showing up in the Malore view can you do me a favor and try the stv I posted in this message http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&postcount=904
and see if the problem is still happening?
Old 11-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber
Oops! I missed the hex prefix and now all is well, thanks.

I am using cayers-menu.xml but when I include the entry:

<internalScreenMenuItem
title="Capture Color Calibration"
icon="STVs\OriginalV2\cayars\setup.png"
screen="Capture Color Calibration"/>

I'm not sure which of my two cards it is related to, I think the primary or last used or??? I would like to be able to select at this point rather than going through the path that is available through the Setup Wizard. Certainly not a big deal but it would fit my menu structure a little better.

Thanks,

Lynn
This is one of those "You can't run it from a menu" type things. I think in this case you'll always be setting the color for the first board. In the code variables are set before this module is called so the routines know which board to adjust.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK. Just thought I'd ask. I guess it frees up a menu entry!

Thanks for all of your hard work on this.

Lynn
Old 11-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99

Are these screen shots from the released version (downloaded from first thread message) or from one of the testing versions? If you haven't downloaded the official 14 version then please do so.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

I tested both of the STVs and here are the results:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
As for the no favorite Icon showing up in the Malore view can you do me a favor and try the stv I posted in this message http://forums.freytechnologies.com/...7&postcount=904
and see if the problem is still happening?
TOXMOX:
Favorite icon shows up in the Malore's Group Listing when the show is a Favorite, but intermittently does not show as a Favorite in the Recording Details.

CC shows in the Group listing, but intermittently does not show in the details.

CS shows up in the Group when a show has been processed, but never in the details.

Quote:
Are these screen shots from the released version (downloaded from first thread message) or from one of the testing versions? If you haven't downloaded the official 14 version then please do so.
Cayars(R14-latest):
Favorite intermittenly shows up in the Malore's Group Listing when the show is a Favorite, and the recording detail matches this behavior (IE, if it shows a favorite in the group listing then it shows in the detail listing. If it does not show in the group, then it does not show in the detail either.

CC seems to show in both screens as expected.

CS shows up in the Group when a show has been processed, but never in the details.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:27 PM
Sage Icon

Question for you rsagetv99,
When you say group. What do you mean by this? What screens are you referring to besides the detail screen?

Are you sure it's a Favorite and not a show recorded by IR?

If you use the main menu->Media Libraries->Other Recording Views->Video Library (Not Archived) screen do the icons work correctly on this screen and the detail screen that it will use? If you favorites don't show correctly in this view tell me what color the border is around the show. Is it white or red?
Old 11-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Sage Icon

When he is saying group he is referring the the Malore multimenus view