SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-10-2005, 08:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
I tried it on a different stream that looked "better", I dont know what was up with the one I picked. Same exact results I am afraid, how does this stream info look on this test:

Mpeg 2 Program Stream File [Video/Audio]
Muxrate : 6.07 Mbps
Estimated Duration: 13:34:35.29s
Aspect ratio 4/3 (TV)
Not interlaced, chroma format: 4:2:0
Size [720 x 480] 29.97 fps 4.40 Mbps
Audio : Mpeg 1 layer 2
384 kbps 48000 Hz
Stereo, No emphasis

Is this the exact DVD ELP spec? I *think* it is?
OK, I found the pattern!

I have three tuners, all the same model (PVR-250) all using s-video inputs. Out of the 3, the 3rd tuner is the one causing the problem. I can demux/remux anything on the 1st and 2nd tuner but the 3rd tuner produces the problem we have been talking about. How weird is this? They all record at DVD ELP and do NOT have any tuner level quality overrides set. Shows all record as "default" so basically everything always comes out DVD ELP.

I am up against a wall again, its nice to know "what" but now I have no clue as to "why". The stream info on the bad streams as compared to the stream info on the good streams look exactly the same via output from mpgtx -i command. Anything you can think of?

(edit): NEVERMIND, I just broke the pattern and got something on the 3rd tuner to mux/demux. Argh... I still cannot figure it out. I am not going on a time theory, may its everything that recorded before/past a certain period of time. I will edit this thread again shortly.

Last edited by pciccone; 01-10-2005 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Sage Icon

Hey Phil, I don't know if this helps or not but you're experiencing this "after the fact". You should have seen the issues I had to work out on my side before even figuring out what command line options work/don't work, the combinations needed and of course what you're doing now. I've got a few different tuners and I experienced the same thing. BTW, I couldn't get this to work with any of my PVR-USB2 mpgs until I upgraded the driver it was using.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Hey Phil, I don't know if this helps or not but you're experiencing this "after the fact". You should have seen the issues I had to work out on my side before even figuring out what command line options work/don't work, the combinations needed and of course what you're doing now. I've got a few different tuners and I experienced the same thing. BTW, I couldn't get this to work with any of my PVR-USB2 mpgs until I upgraded the driver it was using.
I hear ya, I program all day so I know what its like.

I will eventually figure it out, at least so we know "1 more thing" that won't work so others can know about it if the problem hits them. If you want I can see you a smaller 30 minute program that shows the problem. I dont know if you have any mpeg tools that might reveal the problem under the covers.

I am at work now, but tonight I will keep doing trial and error till I find the pattern again.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Sage Icon

Which driver you using? I have a PVR USB2 also. Might as well get on the 'working' driver before I find the same problem.

Jason

Quote:
BTW, I couldn't get this to work with any of my PVR-USB2 mpgs until I upgraded the driver it was using.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Sage Icon

I'm running the latest from shs's site.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
I hear ya, I program all day so I know what its like.

I will eventually figure it out, at least so we know "1 more thing" that won't work so others can know about it if the problem hits them. If you want I can see you a smaller 30 minute program that shows the problem. I dont know if you have any mpeg tools that might reveal the problem under the covers.

I am at work now, but tonight I will keep doing trial and error till I find the pattern again.
Yea, if you could zip up a 10 minute portion or something you can email to me that will work. If you don't have my email address PM for it.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Sage Icon

Status Update. I'm in STV mode today and I've already put a nice dent in the bug list as well as a few additions.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Status Update. I'm in STV mode today and I've already put a nice dent in the bug list as well as a few additions.
Hey Cayars... just wondering if you found a way to do that "dedicated aspect ratio" between inputs as described in this post:

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...postcount=1907

asking because I noticed you recently stated you might be releasing another update to your stv, and I would love to have this feature!!!

CHEERS!
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 01-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Carlo,

I've looked at every single setting in Detailed setup and can't find anything to adjust the delete option back to the original... can you point me to it?

thx

david
Old 01-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Sage User

Cayars,

I just wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying your STV.

I've only been messing with SageTV for a couple weeks and installed your STV the other day. I am truly impressed by how much of an improvement it has made to the overall feel and function of Sage.

Excellent work.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

Not sure if this is possible, but a nice TIVO like To Do List would be nice.

If you are not familiar with the TIVO implementation, it has the follwoing features:

* Lists upcoming programs that will be recorded (does not list IR programs).
* Lists upcoming programs that won't be recorded and why.
* Reasons for not recording include:
*Higher priority program is being recorded instead
*Same episode/program has alreadybeen watched
*Maximum amount of recordings has been reached (Keep At Most) and Keep Until
I Delete(Manual Delete) was set.
* Lists what shows have been deleted and whether they were deleted either by TIVO
to make space or whether someone manually deleted the program.
* Lists when a Season Pass(Favorite) has been deleted.
* Lists shows that won't be recorded because there are not upcoming episodes.

Some of this might be core, and some of this is already included in the Viewing History screen. Maybe you could just build on the code that is used for the Viewing History...
Old 01-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Sage Expert

bug or stv change?

with V14 of this STV, I use the mini guide. Pressing the channel up down brings up the guide that I can change and see whats on another channel, or by using the left right arrow see what comes on at a later date. I can then press the select or center button to go to that channel.

I lose the ability to change the channel by pressing the select button on my remote with v 16.

bug or oversight?

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Sage Expert

i saw earler that shortcut keys that no longer function were being tracked. So along wtih the sage recording shortcut not working during live tv, the recording schedule shortcut doesn't work either
Old 01-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Sage Icon

Speaking of which since this is up on my list shortly to fix. Does anybody know the keyboard shortcuts for any of these?
Old 01-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehopper
Originally Posted by BerrantRyke
-support for SVCD's (ie. i place a .iso or bin/cue in a folder in my video library and am able to play it like I can a mpg or divx file and ,yea I know its a pipe dream, the ability to drop a burned SVCD into the DVD drive and play the sucker from inside sage negating the need to play with an external player)

Cayars response:
Another Great Idea. So great in fact I already added this functionality in version 16 of the Cayars STV. I'll bet you'll be upgrading after reading this.
It supports the following image types: CUE, BIN, ISO, CCD, BWT, MDS, CDI, NRG, PDI, B5T. You need to install the freeware Daemon Tools package if you don't already have it installed. My STV will automatically manage the process for you. The mounting process becomes transparent to you. It will auto mount your disc and begin playback directly in SageTV or it can use a 3rd party program (i.e. PowerDVD, WinDVD, WMP, etc) which is configurable in detailed setup.

ATTN: Cayars

1st of all -- great job on the add-on for Sage! I looked a number of PC PVR options and feel Sage is one of the best I've seen (and your additions have made it even better). I've been a "Hacked" Tivo user for almost 3 years. But, I like the Sage Concept for viewing DVDs I've DVDShrunk and other things I have in Divx format. I think it will have a high WAF also

As referenced in the quotes above...I have Daemon tools installed and it works great for .ISO files but I get a Sage error when I try to play .CUE files:

"There was a Payback Eror in playback. Details: sage.PLaybackException: ERROR (-4,0x80040111): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback"

If I look at my Daemon icon in the tool tray, it has not mounted the .CUE file. I am able to mount it manually without any trouble. BTW, when I play an .ISO file, it mounts automatically and plays perfectly in Sage.

In order for these file types to show up in the Imported Video area, I went into detailed setup under Multimedia and added .CUE and .ISO to the Library File Extensions. Is there something I did wrong? Is there a TXT file I can edit to tell your add-in app to use Daemon with the .CUE type?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Steve
Good news & bad news.
BAD NEWS: I thought I included support for CUE image files but missed it.
GOOD NEWS: It will be in the next version as I just added support for it.

Carlo
Old 01-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
My wife complains about tv comercial being 3x louder than the program material, and she's right!!

Cayers, is it possible to use this same info for comercial skip to turn down the volume by "x" (adjustable) during live tv?

Or even just sense the lack of CC to lower volume? (not as accurate as some comercials are CC!)

I'm surprised no one has sugested it.

please feel free to move this post if you feel, but I posted it here as this STV is the most user friendly IMO and the most feature full.

Thanks
I took a look at doing this but there is no HOOK to see if CC data is presently being displayed. So I can't do this at present.

I did put in a request to get this hook added so we'll what Jeff does on this.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Carlo, I am still having trouble getting the shows i select to add to the DVD list to show up. When I select a show to add to the burn list--it says something like the show is added. When i go to the DVD burn list---it is empty. A week ago i was able to get a show to show up in the list by restarting sage but that is not working now either. Nothing is being added. Is there any configurations that I need to check for this to work? I looked in the detailed setup screen and everything seems fine: DVD burner on D, compression enabled...
thanks
JUC
--I think this got lost at the bottom of the last page....any thoughts?
JUC
Old 01-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Good news & bad news.
BAD NEWS: I thought I included support for CUE image files but missed it.
GOOD NEWS: It will be in the next version as I just added support for it.

Carlo
Works for me. When do you think the next version be out?

--> One feature request -- do you plan to support picture folders for grouping of pics? It does not seem to do that now -- you just get a huge list of pics to browse.

-Steve
Old 01-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Sage Icon

I'm going to release a 17 beta later tonight (11ish EST). I don't have any of the big 17 items in this except for the DVDBurner upgrades, but have some little things in it with some additional things cleaned up as well as some fixes. Here is a list so far:

Added support for .CUE image types
Added the ability to have upper or lower case extensions for DVD Images: .iso,.ccd,.bwt,.mds,.cdi,.nrg,.pdi,.b5t,cue
Added a new option to Detailed Setup->External Setup->Use External Players for Non-Native File Types Only. (Enabled)
Changed Default of both "External Video Player" and "External Music Player" to Enabled.
Changes functionalality of STOP command in OSD to go "Back" instead.
Added "Archived" file types to Background Commercial Processing Recording Types.
Updated IMDB java files and STV code per Nielm's new release.
Fixed OSD Options Menu when watching a show - Everything is now centered properly.
Fixed Search text button sizes in Music Library on Album page.
Fixed background video issue in LiveTV Guide screen and other screens using the same theme.
Fixed issues with Mini Guide.
You can now add videos from Video Imports to the DVD Burn List.
Added filtering to Searches to filter out music and picture files (untested).
Added Custom Aspect Ratios for Video Files & DVD discs. These are now seperate aspect ratios!
Modified DVDBurner to be much more CPU friendly.
Changed "DVD" sizing algorithms used internally in DVDBurner to calculate usable size of disc.
Added "Turbo Drive Mode" to DVDBurner to nearly double I/O performance.

Check this over and see if you know of any bugs that aren't mentioned as being fixed yet.

There are a couple of things not fixed that I know about:
If you enter the OSD from a screen with the video in the corner the mini-guide will not start on the right channel. I can't find a fix for this yet.

There are a few/long list of items on the WISH LIST and many of will make it into the 17 release!

I'm going to do beta releases a little differently from now on. Starting with this beta release I will be sending out emails to those on the VIP Donation list so they know where to download it from. Advanced releases will be a perk for VIP people.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I'm going to release a 17 beta later tonight (11ish EST). I don't have any of the big 17 items in this except for the DVDBurner upgrades, but have some little things in it with some additional things cleaned up as well as some fixes. Here is a list so far:

I'm going to do beta releases a little differently from now on. Starting with this beta release I will be sending out emails to those on the VIP Donation list so they know where to download it from. Advanced releases will be a perk for VIP people.
Does this mean that if not VIP donator yet this beta will not be available to us? And if yes to first question which means no can't have it unless VIP, can a 2nd donation ADD to a previous donation amount to make the magic $25?