SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-25-2004, 06:24 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to fangal
Problems with USB UIRT and 2.1

Ive downloaded the lastest beta and i cant get my USB UIRT to work, it just goes beynd when i should press 0 on the remote. Ive also tried a uppgrade and over my old sage didnt work. Ive deleted everything and made a new install didnt work, then i put in my old config for my box but even if i selected that driver it wanted med to use the remote and there it stayed.

Does anyone have any suggestions ??

Regards
Michael Svensson
Old 10-25-2004, 07:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

I don't know if this is related or not, but here goes:

I had to do a full rebuild of my PC this weekend. I downloaded/installed the latest USB-UIRT driver (1.3), as well as the latest 2.1 beta (RC5). When I try and add a new source, Sage will list the USB-UIRT, but not let me select it (I can highlight it, but not move to the next screen). If I select Actisys or Direct serial control, I can move on...

Not sure if it's the new USB-UIRT driver, the beta, or what. I did have this all working prior to the rebuild.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:54 AM
Sage User

I have that version working on latest official sage version so that shouldnt be the problem. it seems that you have the same problem as i have.

Well lets hope next beta vill fix that then, i think its a bug an will report it as soon as i know where

Regards
Michael Svensson
Old 10-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrinz
I don't know if this is related or not, but here goes:

I had to do a full rebuild of my PC this weekend. I downloaded/installed the latest USB-UIRT driver (1.3), as well as the latest 2.1 beta (RC5). When I try and add a new source, Sage will list the USB-UIRT, but not let me select it (I can highlight it, but not move to the next screen). If I select Actisys or Direct serial control, I can move on...

Not sure if it's the new USB-UIRT driver, the beta, or what. I did have this all working prior to the rebuild.
I recall having a similar problem and what fixed it for me was using the latest SageTv drivers not just the USB-UIRT drivers. It has something to do with developer or their party drivers. Just going from memory.
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Sage User

but shouldnt that be included in the package ?? or is that something i can download from somewhere else ??

Regards
Michael Svensson
Old 10-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is what I was referring to, the latest api drivers.:

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...b-uirt+support
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:17 PM
Sage User

ah ok, will check that right away, tnx

Regards
Michael Svensson
Old 10-26-2004, 06:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

I couldn't get it too work either.
what I did was a workaround.
I ran GB-PVR, trained it to use my remote with it's USB-UIRT setup.
then I copied the file from the GB-PVR directory and renamed it with .IR extension.

worked fine for me.

Cheers

Mark
Old 11-08-2004, 04:00 PM
Sage User

Freezing

I guess most people are not having this problem anymore, but sage setup freezes for me when its prompting me to press 0 for the usbuirt configuration. setup works fine with 2.0 so I know the usbuirt is setup correctly but would really like to get 2.1 working!
Old 11-08-2004, 04:18 PM
Sage User

I think I found the problem ( or answer) , removed 2.1 and then ran setup again, but this time didnt configure sage to run as a service during installation. Accepted my remote commands no problem!!! In case this helps the developers, I have 2x250 cards, ir.exe is running, but I didnt tell sage during installation to "configure for 250/350 remotes" as I wont be using them on this computer. I wonder if that causes some weird conflict. Hope this helps someone!