SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

strange picture and imported files behavior

I'm having a strange problem and I'm not sure what is causing it. I recently moved my server to a different machine and now using the client in my living room. I don't know if that is the cause of my problems or if it is me going to the new beta. Three problems:

1. My picture directory is coming up strange. I have included a couple of pictures. It used to be fine.

2. Most of my cover art is not showing. Only the cd's I have recently burned. I suspect this is due to moving machines. Picture included. The directory is the same.

3. The videos. If I call up a video, the information on the side has the old file mapping (which was a shared drive) and I got an error when playing the file.

When I moved machines I used the wiz.bin file from the previous server. I assume that is why some of the links to files within Sage are the previous directory settings.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg music.jpg (97.0 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg picture1.jpg (82.6 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg picture2.jpg (86.3 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg video1.jpg (70.2 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg video2.jpg (64.0 KB, 202 views)
Old 10-24-2004, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Among other things to look into when changing machines is this property:
Quote:
make_all_mediafiles_local - if set to true, SageTV will update the database so that it thinks all MediaFiles are local to the server, should be used if the name of the PC that is running the SageTV server is changed
There is a FAQ entry or two about changing PCs too.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.