SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-20-2004, 01:58 PM

Favorites Not Recognizing Padding

Hi All-

I have a very strange problem in that padding doesn't seem to work on my favorites. Neither on the originally installed v2 nor the beta of v2.1.

I am running a Hauppauge USB2 encoder if that helps any.

Thanks.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Do you have start padding? Have you tried using rew to jump backward when playback starts? Playback starts at the show's start time, not the start of the padding time. Padding should be there, uness the shows are back to back on teh same channel & you have the property set to remove it in that case. But, the show info will display the show's airing time, not the recording time.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

I had a similar padding problem on my favorite of "Rescue Me". I have a 5 minute additional at the end of the program, because FX frequently runs long. last week when the season finale ran really long, I missed the end because the program only recorded for 1 hour. Fortunately FX repeats things over and over so I recorded it again manually to see the ending.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:05 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I have 10 minutes front and back on each favorite. I have tried to rewind the shows (would of kicked myself if that was the case!) and the recording starts at the start time, or in other words, it starts as if there was no padding.

I am assuming I'm probably one of the few with the USB2 Hauppauge and since, I'm sure, there would of been tons of problems with favorites padding posted, I'm thinking it might be something inherint in the Hauppauge hardware or a driver or a call Sage is making to the hardware...just guesses.

I have the latest Hauppauge drivers and have gone through a rebuild of the OS (WinXP SP2) with no change in the behavior.

Scheduling an upcoming show in the Guide with padding works as it should with the behavior you descibed of having to rewind to get to the beginning of the recording but starts at the scheduled air time.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:23 PM
Administrator

The pvr-usb2 should not be the issue -- I have a 250 & a usb2; both work fine.

How does your schedule look? Are the favorites on the same channel, one airing right after the other? There is a property (remove_padding_on_back_to_back_favorites) to control automatically removing padding in that case. This is the only situation that I can think of where padding is removed automatically.

You could try removing & re-adding the favorite, but if you do that in 2.0, make sure IR is enabled or set seeker/clear_partials_and_unwanted_when_ir_off to false before doing so, as non-favs could get deleted otherwise. (Should not be an issue in 2.1.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:26 AM

The schedule for my favorites is very sparse. Usually just one show a day so there's no interference from other recordings.

Since you use a PVR-USB2 and favorites padding works fine, I am concerned what could be wrong with my setup. I have deleted and added favorites with no change. As I stated earlier, I have also (not because of this problem) reformated and reloaded my OS (WinXP SP2) with no change in the favorites padding.

As an added note, when looking through the schedule of upcoming recordings, it is quite visible that the schedule reflects the padding. As I use 10 minutes on the front and back of each favorite, you can see the program extended past the half hour marks in the schedule. So, it looks like it is aware that there is padding to be done and the scheduled recordings listing reflects that.

The only things then I can think of being the problem:
: A hardware problem - either TVR-USB2 or computer
: Firmware version of my TVR-USB2 different than Opus' and Frey tested and verified TVR-USB2s?
: The driver for TVR-USB2 - running latest version, perhaps older version would work?
: Some user setting in Sage that is causing the conflict

I will be able to try this out on another computer within the next two weeks to see if that makes any difference. Until then, any other advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated!