SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Sage User

pvr250mce + any other 250, any conflicts?

I just had a general question. Does anyone know if a PVR250MCE has problems playing nicely with ANY other PVR250 regardless of model type (ie, rosylen/blackbird/retail/-15/-16)?

I know there are issues with multiple rosylen boards in 1 pc and also with mixing chipsets, but does this apply if one of the boards is a MCE card?

The reason I ask is b/c I currently have a PVR250 in my machine that I bought from Frey early in the year. I have no idea what exact model it is and right now I don't feel like pulling my entire rig out of the cabnet just to check the chipset. I do remember that it does NOT have a heatsink. Anyways, if it's proven that the MCE version of the 250 plays nicely with ANY OTHER PVR250 flavor, I'll just order one for my Sage box and be do with it. If it does make a difference, then I guess I have to start pulling cables and moving stuff around. It's a real pain.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:31 PM
SageTVaholic

hey sorry
and my pvr 250 MCE uses the exact same drivers as the pvr 250

I did have trouble with the winTV software radio though
but I did get it to work with another software bbut it is probably just best to wait for SageTV if they are going to support it

I would if you can get either a pvr 250 MCE or pvr 250
to match the card you have
if it is a roslyn and you have problems with using dual tuners
email Frey and they should replace it with a pvr 250 MCE

I hope this helps
my sig with my specs below