SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-05-2004, 10:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

extend remote and code for jp1

I have read extensively on extending the remote for wintv, and have found that i need to edit irremote to expand functions. Such as if i want to add Search i would need to add '40=search'. Correct?

But i just keep reading and am missing this part. When i go to program a JP1 remote, how do i get the OBC code (code the remote sends) that associates with '40=search'?

I have the OFA 8910 remote and am pretty good w/ JP1, so just trying to get the codes to put in. Sorry if i missed the obvious, but i am burned out from reading all the great info from OPUS4.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Administrator

In step 5 of the JP1 instructions file, the OBC value is the command value to assign to a key name in the system code number section (_not_ [SystemCode]) near the top of the in file. Is that what you mean -- you want to use "40=search" so that in the [SageTV] section, you can use "search=<some function>"?

Make sure you have used the correct system code in the JP1 file & that it matches what you are using in the ini file.

The step-by-step JP1 instructions should cover all the JP1 settings, so you might just need to read it closely. (I know you said you are familiar with JP1, but being familiar with somethign can lead to skimming the instructions... I know I've done such things.)

If this doesn't cover your question, please be more specific about what point isn't clear.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you. I will go over it again in the morning to try and clear it up. I will also look at Toongal's older ini w/ JP1 extention. Still missing something. Maybe an example will do - but then again it is likely right in your how to.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

yes, that is what i am looking for. So the command value that is used in the OBC column does not really coincide with the event codes listed in your guide? We are to assign any command value from 0-63 at the top of the ini to a specific function in the event list?

So now lets use 'play faster' as an example, i could say at top of ini--

55=play faster

And then...

Under [sagetv] define how 'play faster' is triggered. and to define how it is triggered we make that up too (there are no predefined keystrokes?). and do this under 'link keystroke in sagetv'. So lets say

play faster={ctrl}q -- for example

Is this correct? and in sage do we link keystroke via the command code or name.

Lastly, are there any irremote.ini files out there that already have the extended functions defined? Thanks again.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by sabre
So the command value that is used in the OBC column does not really coincide with the event codes listed in your guide? We are to assign any command value from 0-63 at the top of the ini to a specific function in the event list?
The OBC is the same as the command code that you use in irremote.ini. See the ini file documentation in link 1 in my sig lines to see how to handle command codes from the remote.

Quote:
55=play faster
Don't use spaces. 55 is the OBC, if I recall correctly. (I wrote the JP1 step-by-step instructions quite a while ago, so I don't remember everything I said. Just follow the exact steps listed. The only problem that could come up is if the JP1 software's interface has been greatly changed.)

Quote:
Under [sagetv] define how 'play faster' is triggered. and to define how it is triggered we make that up too (there are no predefined keystrokes?). and do this under 'link keystroke in sagetv'.
Sure there are predefined keystrokes. They are already in irremote.ini, if you had SageTV install support for that remote, or you can download a sample ini from post 3 of link 1 in my sig lines. Other key definitions can be seen in Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Link command. That shows a list of commands & you can scroll through the list to see what is already assigned. You can change or add any keystrokes for any command.

Quote:
play faster={ctrl}q -- for example

Is this correct? and in sage do we link keystroke via the command code or name.
Except for the space, it should work. See above for where you link commands & keystrokes in SageTV.

If you've downloaded the instructions:

"Getting started with JP1.txt" covers using JP1 software to add the new IR codes to your remote.

"How to extend irremote-ini.txt" has an example of adding a single new command to irremote.ini.

"irremote-ini usage v22180.txt" covers everything you can do with the irremote.ini file.

Once you add _any_ new command to the ini file, it is up to you to assign any keystroke and then assign that keystroke to a command in SageTV. Alternatively, if you are using the latest IR software, you can use the information in link 3 of my sig lines to control SageTV w/o keystrokes using Windows messages... but I wouldn't bother with that part until you've managed to reprogram the JP1 remote & add the new commands to the ini file. Once a new command is added, you can change what the remote software does when that button is pressed.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks OPUS4, finally got this down.