SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-01-2004, 09:55 PM

At some point when installing new drivers, my IR blaster stopped sending channel signals to my sattelite receiver. I have re-setup sage and re-learned all of the buttons, and I can seem to do everything else with the remote (used the .INI files in the forums here) but when I try to record a show, or even change a channel using sage, the signals never get projected from the IR Blaster. Any thoughts?

Also, I have had lots of problems playing DVDs. No matter what decoders I use a DVD will freeze with one setting, or not able to play at all with another. I cant seem to find any encoders that always work.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to 2002cbr600f4i Send a message via Yahoo to 2002cbr600f4i
I'm having the EXACT same problem:
Setup:

Athlon XP 2500+ Shuttle Box
512 MB RAM
Radeon 9600XT
Hauppage PVR 250
USB-UIRT

Dish Network 301 receiver.

Just got the USB-UIRT in today, hooked it up, installed the drivers, installed Sage, did all the config, trained the USB-UIRT with the Dish remote, etc.

Go into sage, start watching TV. Tell Sage to change channels, it does so, but the dish receiver just sits there and then eventually pops up the dish display and looks like the USB-UIRT sent out a "0". I HAVE gone into the config and told it to send a "Enter" (trained it) after a direct channel change. I get the same results when I try to key in the channel number directly.

HELP!
Old 09-03-2004, 01:43 PM

Well I found out my particular problem, which was stupid user error. The first time I did it right, the following time, the problem I had was that I actually used the Hauppauge remote to record the numbers instead of my sattelite's remote. Duh!. :/
Old 09-06-2004, 02:43 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to 2002cbr600f4i Send a message via Yahoo to 2002cbr600f4i
I'm still not having any luck getting the Dish 301 receiver to work with Sage and the IRBlaster. I tried this same combination with GB-PVR and it works beautifully, but no dice with SAGE.

Any ideas??? HELP!

--Mike