SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 09-01-2004, 08:02 PM
Sage User

Enabled channels

I'm trying to get couple channels to show up in LiveTV Guide but they are not showing. I have the3m enabled in the setup but will not show up in the lineup. The channels are 17 HBO and 21 Showtime in the 49441 area. Those channels are a premium channel but that shouldn't have anything to do with it since I can get those channels on regular TV set.
New user needs help.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:18 PM
SageTVaholic

You might find that they are actually working.

SageTV combines the same channels from different lineups. We receive HBO via channel 3 on analog, and 301 on digital. IIRC, it shows up as channel 301 no matter which card is capturing it.

Here's a way to verify. Start recording HBO on one of your cards (call it card #1), and then try to tune to a channel that only the second card (card #2) receives. If it works, good.

Now, start recording HBO on card #2. See that you can tune channels on card #1. If it works, great.

If I'm mistaken and you don't even have 2 capture cards, please disregard this post.

Hope that helps,
Old 09-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Sage Icon

Re: Enabled channels

Quote:
Originally posted by Flander
I'm trying to get couple channels to show up in LiveTV Guide but they are not showing. I have the3m enabled in the setup but will not show up in the lineup. The channels are 17 HBO and 21 Showtime in the 49441 area. Those channels are a premium channel but that shouldn't have anything to do with it since I can get those channels on regular TV set.
New user needs help.
You should have listed your provider information. It is possible that the channels have a different channel number that you may have to remap for your needs.

Anyway you can go to the http://www.zap2it.com/index and see if they have the correct information. If they don't it is probably a tribune related issue. If they do and the EPG does not it is probably a user or SageTV server problem. If your think it is a Tribune or server error see post #13 for info about how to report problem to Frey.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:00 PM
Sage User

I've checked Zip2it site and HBO on channel 17 is in the lineup. I've tried to remap the channel with the one that is part of the digital channels and it still not showing in the line up under 17. When I remapped it, it disapeared from the channel setup screen. I haven't even set it up for the digital channels yet. I want to make sure I can get all the analog one first.

FYI, My provider is Comcast digital.

Last edited by Flander; 09-01-2004 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:08 PM
SageTVaholic

"My provider is Comcast digital"

it should not be digital if you are using analogue cable

there should be comcast or comcast analogue or comcast basic

somthing like that for analogue channels

also comcast killed off premium networks like HBO, Showtime etc...

for analogue cable

only digital now can get them
Old 09-01-2004, 10:23 PM
Sage User

We have digital cable and I want to be able to get HBO and Showtime, both are available on analog channels to show up when my lineup is also digital. When I select digital cable, those two channels disappear from the lineup on the analog end but are there on digital. How can I get them to show up on both analog and digital ends.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Sage User

I am in 49423, about 30ish miles from flander, I have comcast digital as well and I am missing some channels too. channel 2 (analog hbo) and 32 (tvland I think it is) off the top of my head, I know a few more also.